Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Getting this by just visiting youtube now

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

IP address: 8.35.58...... (cloudflare basically)
Time: 2022-05-27T10:55:10Z
URL: https://youtube.com/

A few mins later and it's working now. It comes and goes... guess something up with the IP's being used. Not me.

Can you send me a pm with your email address?

Tim_vb

Expert Member
Is there an issue with international connectivity? I'm getting full speed on ly local speed test but some international sides are loading extremely slowly e.g. reddit, captcha on EWN doesn't even appear etc

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Is there an issue with international connectivity? I'm getting full speed on ly local speed test but some international sides are loading extremely slowly e.g. reddit, captcha on EWN doesn't even appear etc

Hi,

Not seeing an issue with international currently. Traffic levels look good and latency low.

Reddit is local traffic so it might not be international related but rather a Fastly CDN issue.

Tim_vb

Expert Member
Hi,

Not seeing an issue with international currently. Traffic levels look good and latency low.

Reddit is local traffic so it might not be international related but rather a Fastly CDN issue.
Seems to an issue in the latest versions of safari v 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8) as chrome works fine

bradza

Any reason why downloads and browsing is super slow this evening in Durbs again? hitting max 200k sometimes max 20k. Downloading from racedepartment.com and other browsing. Even streaming. This is going on for too long.

charlieharper

Expert Member
My connection just died.
All lights burning on ONT as normal but PPPOE connection dead on router.
Openserve, KZN South Coast.

Last edited:

Afrigirl

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
My connection just died.
All lights burning on ONT as normal but PPPOE connection dead on router.
Openserve, KZN South Coast.
Hi Charlieharper,

Please send me your ID/email linked to your Afrihost account so I may have a look and advise,

Kind regards

Tim_vb

Expert Member
Seems to an issue in the latest versions of safari v 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8) as chrome works fine
solved

On macOS, go to setttings-Network and turn off "Limit IP Address Tracking".
On iOS or iPadOS go to Settings-Wi-Fi and tap the "I" for information button to the right of your connected wifi network. Turn off "Limit IP Address Tracking".
Fixed it for me.

with MacOS 12.4, it would appear that Apple has become somehow more aggressive in blocking some IPs.

JTaljard

So I'm with Afrihost/Frogfoot in Strand, Western Cape. We have 100Mbps/100Mbps uncapped and since day 1 this connection has been unreliable and unstable (frankly, our previous ADSL connection was very stable and reliable in comparison). I reckon we might have 70% decent connectivity through a month, which is very annoying as we have 3 homeschooling kids as well as me running my business from home. Frogfoot has constant hardware faults and Afrihost just makes us do the same thing over and over everytime this happens and they have no answers as to why this happens. What does it take to get someone out to check the hardware and fibre in my area? I dont think there are other hardware fibre providers in my area except for frogfeet, so I'm screwed.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
So I'm with Afrihost/Frogfoot in Strand, Western Cape. We have 100Mbps/100Mbps uncapped and since day 1 this connection has been unreliable and unstable (frankly, our previous ADSL connection was very stable and reliable in comparison). I reckon we might have 70% decent connectivity through a month, which is very annoying as we have 3 homeschooling kids as well as me running my business from home. Frogfoot has constant hardware faults and Afrihost just makes us do the same thing over and over everytime this happens and they have no answers as to why this happens. What does it take to get someone out to check the hardware and fibre in my area? I dont think there are other hardware fibre providers in my area except for frogfeet, so I'm screwed.

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are experiencing.

The was a major outage today which affected all Frogfoot clients in the Western and Eastern cape today.

Services have restored and Frogfoot is monitoring the links for stability.

Please can you also send me your email address via a private message so I can just have a look at the line stats to make sure everything is in order?