Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Down for the 2nd time within the last 10 minutes. Welgevonden, Stellenbosch on Frogfoot.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Down for the 2nd time within the last 10 minutes. Welgevonden, Stellenbosch on Frogfoot.

Outage Update

Outage title: Outage | CPT | Regional | Change Overrun [FRG2112766]
Service Type: FTTH / FTTB
Outage ref (solid): FRG2126325
Impact start time: 2022-05-25 07:30
Impact: Down

Outage Update
-- IP Core teams are investigating
-- Additional impact was detected during troubleshooting and teams are still investigating

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I ordered fibre for one of my sites on 12 Apr. Still nothing. Not a call to come install from openserve. Nothing.
Tried the afrihost reps on here a few times via PM. They just inform me that the order still stuck at Openserve planning.

I got my router from AH but still no fibre in sight. The openserve guys were busy for a couple of weeks pulling fibre though the whole office building and the body corporate informed us when they completed the job that we can now order fibre from our ISP of choice.

The fibre showed available on the AH coverage map and i proceeded with the order. Don't know what to do?

Hi,

I have reached out to Openserve regarding the issue and each time I was advised that the order is still with the Openserve Planning team as the building is not correctly loaded.

I have requested an ETA but none was given as yet. I'm still trying to obtain an ETA for you on this order and once I get feedback from Openserve I will advise accordingly.

Apologies for the delay.

aggressiveGrey

For me it keeps going up and then down, so its hard to tell if its working again lol.

Not a complete "Downtime" I shall wait for updates :D

kerbero

Down in Welgevonden, Stellenbosch. Frogfoot.
Yes, super annoying. Had to have meetings on LTE, breaking up constantly.

Frogfoot fortunately seems to be online again now.

@AfriNatic we've had many Frogfoot/Afrihost outages here the past weeks. Anything we can do to improve the stability?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
For me it keeps going up and then down, so its hard to tell if its working again lol.

Not a complete "Downtime" I shall wait for updates :D

Yes, super annoying. Had to have meetings on LTE, breaking up constantly.

Frogfoot fortunately seems to be online again now.

@AfriNatic we've had many Frogfoot/Afrihost outages here the past weeks. Anything we can do to improve the stability?

We are observing traffic recovering to prior traffic levels.

Below is an update on the outage. Frogfoot is working on returning services to stable condition.

Outage Update

Outage title: Outage | CPT | Regional | Change Overrun [FRG2112766]
Service Type: FTTH / FTTB
Outage ref (solid): FRG2126325
Impact start time: 2022-05-25 07:30
Impact: Down

Outage Update
-- IP Core teams are investigating
-- Additional impact was detected during troubleshooting and teams are still investigating
-- IP Core is still working towards resolution. Services have begun to restore. Please monitor the affected links.
-- Majority of the impact has been mitigated, IP core is working to resolve these and we are monitoring the network for stability.

vavyn

Not sure what's happening with Pingplotter but I could not access the website. Tried using different browser but still could not access.
Friend on Coolidea is able to access it.
1653501204245.png

bradza

Hmm having issues in Durbs still, pages not resolving. Seems selective though, some sites work, some don't. Strange. Any problems in the area? Morningside

KillerOnDrugX

Hmm having issues in Durbs still, pages not resolving. Seems selective though, some sites work, some don't. Strange. Any problems in the area? Morningside
Same, in Glenwood. Discord infinitely loading too. Seems like issues everyday now on Afrihost.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Same, in Glenwood. Discord infinitely loading too. Seems like issues everyday now on Afrihost.

Hi,

Not seeing any issues with Durban <> JHB traffic from our side. Do you have any examples for me?

bradza

Hi,

Not seeing any issues with Durban <> JHB traffic from our side. Do you have any examples for me?
Can't even stream youtube on 380p. The others are radio sites, rtl-sdr.com sometimes loads, sometimes doesn't.

bradza

I just had complete internet loss, couldn't even get mybroadband to load. Perhaps you guys did a reset there or something?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Can't even stream youtube on 380p. The others are radio sites, rtl-sdr.com sometimes loads, sometimes doesn't.

I just had complete internet loss, couldn't even get mybroadband to load. Perhaps you guys did a reset there or something?

Morning,

Sorry for the late reply. I checked our traffic levels and issues last night did not see any issues reported.

Are you still experiencing issues today?

bradza

Getting this by just visiting youtube now

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. Please try your request again later. Why did this happen?

IP address: 8.35.58...... (cloudflare basically)
Time: 2022-05-27T10:55:10Z
URL: https://youtube.com/

A few mins later and it's working now. It comes and goes... guess something up with the IP's being used. Not me.

Last edited: