Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

mikewazar

Hi,

Sorry for the issues.

We have noticed an outage affecting Centurion and surrounding areas where Openserve clients have no throughput.

We are engaging Openserve on the issue.

Where can I log a complaint against one of your Whatsapp support staff? I'm running around taking photos of routers and confirming if the lights are on or whether I need to contact Eskom.

Why are you @AfriNatic aware of these issues but the support staff on other channels are ****ing clueless?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Where can I log a complaint against one of your Whatsapp support staff? I'm running around taking photos of routers and confirming if the lights are on or whether I need to contact Eskom.

Please can you send me a private message with the agents name so I can have a chat with them?

After each chat we send a link to rate the agent. there is a field where a client can leave extra comments that is reviewed by QA that will address these issues directly to the agent.

mikewazar

7994F892-32D0-434C-91A4-7098FF5C6312.png

I'll save this agent's dignity by not publishing the whole chat but this is all you need to see lol.

K T

Why are you @AfriNatic aware of these issues but the support staff on other channels are ****ing clueless?
I find requesting a callback a lot more helpful, and quick ;)

mikewazar

Anyone here with a Plex server in Finland (Hetzner) trying to stream at 50KBps? With VPN to London its better (1-2MBps) but it usually chugs 10x that easily. @AfriNatic could this be related to any known faults?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Please do because it's impacting Cool Ideas customers too

I logged it with Cogent and got a ticket will let you know as soon as I get any feedback.

Also it might be related to

because we usually pick up Germany and Finland traffic via France.

mikewazar

I logged it with Cogent and got a ticket will let you know as soon as I get any feedback.

Also it might be related to

because we usually pick up Germany and Finland traffic via France.

Thanks for that!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks for that!

Morning,

Cogent closed the ticket saying that we should rather report the issue to Hetzner directly as Level3 is their transit provider as they will not respond to requests from us or cogent.

I will try to log a ticket with Hetzner noc to see if they can assist.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks for that!

Hetzner is looking for the following.

MTR with 1000 packets from your connection to the server. From the server to your IP or you can use 169.1.1.25 also 1000 packets. Source IP and server IP.

You can send me a dm with these results if you can. I don't have access to a Helsinki hosted server to do the reverse MTR.

mikewazar

Hetzner is looking for the following.

MTR with 1000 packets from your connection to the server. From the server to your IP or you can use 169.1.1.25 also 1000 packets. Source IP and server IP.

You can send me a dm with these results if you can. I don't have access to a Helsinki hosted server to do the reverse MTR.

On it, will PM you results.

W@P

Expert Member
I ordered fibre for one of my sites on 12 Apr. Still nothing. Not a call to come install from openserve. Nothing.
Tried the afrihost reps on here a few times via PM. They just inform me that the order still stuck at Openserve planning.

I got my router from AH but still no fibre in sight. The openserve guys were busy for a couple of weeks pulling fibre though the whole office building and the body corporate informed us when they completed the job that we can now order fibre from our ISP of choice.

The fibre showed available on the AH coverage map and i proceeded with the order. Don't know what to do?