Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Please note @ Afrihost Hosting clients.

We are currently experiencing a major outage in Gallo Manor Datacentre due to an overheating issue. Our server admins and MTN techs are at the data centre working on the issue.

Apologies for the intermittent hosting issues experienced.

The outage is affecting our ticketing system. If you need urgent assistance please do log a call back for one of our support staff to give you a call or send me a dm for me to assist.

EDIT: This issue has been resolved last night. :) There are still some servers that are down due to various issues but our Server Admin team is working on the issue at the data centre.

Last edited:

mrafiq1

Hi.
I am a hosting client and still cannot access my emails etc.
Is there and Estimated Time for fix as this negatively impacts my business.

Thanks

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Hi.
I am a hosting client and still cannot access my emails etc.
Is there and Estimated Time for fix as this negatively impacts my business.

Thanks

Hi,

Really sorry for the outage. We have a number of server admins in the data centre working on the issues.

I don't have an ETA on when all the servers will be restored but we are seeing servers coming back online one by one.

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
Just signed up with Vumatel and Afrihost.

Torrents are under 1kbps. Is this normal? I have work files I need to download and they are torrents.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Just signed up with Vumatel and Afrihost.

Torrents are under 1kbps. Is this normal? I have work files I need to download and they are torrents.

Hi,

We don't shape or thorttle any traffic.

For torrents to work best please enable IPv6 and make sure that the port is forwarded correctly for the torrent client.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
We are investigate a major outage affecting PPPoE and DHCP. We are working on the issue.

I will have more updates soon. Apologies for the issues experienced.

ProjectEC97

We are investigate a major outage affecting PPPoE and DHCP. We are working on the issue.

I will have more updates soon. Apologies for the issues experienced.
Man thank goodness, I thought load shedding messed up my router

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Services are restoring now.

We are still getting a very high number of support requests and our teams are working on responding to everyone asap.

Apogee

Expert Member

We are currently experiencing a major outage in Calo Manor Datacentre due to an overheating issue. Our server admins and MTN techs are at the data centre working on the issue.

The outage is affecting our ticketing system. If you need urgent assistance please do log a call back for one of our support staff to give you a call or send me a dm for me to assist.

EDIT: This issue has been resolved last night. :) There are still some servers that are down due to various issues but our Server Admin team is working on the issue at the data centre.
I think you meant 'Gallo Manor'.

No worries. :)

Apogee

Expert Member
Keen to know why this is not affecting Supersonic.

Checked with all the clients, and they seem to be online, thankfully.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Keen to know why this is not affecting Supersonic.

Checked with all the clients, and they seem to be online, thankfully.

It's only affecting Colo2 only so only some of our servers are down but it's still big number of servers down.

lpieterse12345

We are currently experiencing a major outage in Gallo Manor Datacentre due to an overheating issue. Our server admins and MTN techs are at the data centre working on the issue.

Any updates on this issue

Fishzn

Hi,

Certain servers remain down. We still have techs at the data centre bringing servers back online.

Hey Afrinatic, I assume this is causing speed and latency issues in everywhere incl KZN? Just so I know not to log a support call..

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Hey Afrinatic, I assume this is causing speed and latency issues in everywhere incl KZN? Just so I know not to log a support call..

Hi,

the outage is affecting our hosting services only not our fibre network.

What issues are you experiencing currently?

Packet-Kollector

Still slow to restore services? You made it sound like things are progressing but I've got customers with servers still dead in the water.

I guess this is why local hosting is dying and truly can't compete with the big cats.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Still slow to restore services? You made it sound like things are progressing but I've got customers with servers still dead in the water.

We have suffered damage in the DC after the cooling system failed and servers didn't shut down in time.

Server admin are attending to those servers in the data centre but it's a tedious process unfortunately.

Fishzn

Hi,

the outage is affecting our hosting services only not our fibre network.

What issues are you experiencing currently?

Ah ok - speed and latency issues from the time I've got home today - at around 6pm.

Ping: 172ms
Download: 0.2Mbps
Upload: 1.26Mbps

Location is La Mercy, KZN. I log a call with support then :)