Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Thanks - I realised AfriGirl probably didn't understand the technical aspects when she made that promise, but I was hoping it would get kicked up the chain to someone who did. Glad to hear it has been - that's all I wanted.
Alright, I understand. We are most definitely working on this issue. I will let you know when I have feedback from the director.

Nimz

Expert Member
1.35mbps on a 100mbps line is really not good at all. It seems that this issue is related to congestion on the Openserve network. When did this issue start? Is your connection better today?
Hi

When i checked this morning my speeds were back to normal. Will check again once I get home.

The issue only started yesterday afternoon. Never had problems before that.

@AfriFella can you check if my 40Mbps line was successfully migrated?

Hopefully my other line migration is painless at the end of this month

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I see on axxess you can get a static IP for R39 pm. Is this something I can get on afrihost Openserve fibre as well?
We don't have a static IP address option on our fibre packages. I do apologize for this. Axxess is good though so feel free to give them a shot.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Hi

When i checked this morning my speeds were back to normal. Will check again once I get home.

The issue only started yesterday afternoon. Never had problems before that.

@AfriFella can you check if my 40Mbps line was successfully migrated?

Hopefully my other line migration is painless at the end of this month
Hey Nimz
Please keep an eye on your connection and let me know if the issue persists.

Your line has been successfully migrated.:D

princeofcpt

Applied for PureFibre, been waiting for 2 weeks and still haven't heard from Openserve when installation will be. Contacted Afrihost multiple times but was told to "wait". Left multiple messages on Openserve website got zero replies. Need internet asap for work and cannot wait indefinitely without any notification of when installation will be...

TRZ214

@AfriFella

Please can you see what is happening with my migration? From pillar to post on the what's app chat. Every time it's a different story. Line still with cisp. I have sent proof of residence and proof of cancellation. Now they cant open my profile apparently.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
After the last cheeky response from someone on what's app, you guys can really keep this deal. Service is beyond appalling.
Hey TRZ214
I am so sorry that your experience with us has been poor. This is definitely not what we wish for our clients.
Please drop me a PM and I will help you.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Applied for PureFibre, been waiting for 2 weeks and still haven't heard from Openserve when installation will be. Contacted Afrihost multiple times but was told to "wait". Left multiple messages on Openserve website got zero replies. Need internet asap for work and cannot wait indefinitely without any notification of when installation will be...
I really do apologise for the delay and lack of feedback. I want to help you. Please drop me a PM with your clientzone username so I can assist.

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
Anybody else pick up a massive jump in latency? Seems to be happening to all destinations. Using openserve, Knysna region.

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 21.19.38.png

Last edited:

moms

@AfriFella HI bud, so I have canceled my cisp account and my B number will only get released on the 31st August, and I have signed up for the pure fiber package on the openserve network,

Wanted to know on the 1st September which is a Sunday can be able to jump. On the pure fiber package?.

cavedog

Honorary Master
@AfriFella HI bud, so I have canceled my cisp account and my B number will only get released on the 31st August, and I have signed up for the pure fiber package on the openserve network,

Wanted to know on the 1st September which is a Sunday can be able to jump. On the pure fiber package?.
There should be no downtime even if your line is in the holding pool. You should be able to follow up on Monday about the migration.