Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
@AfriFella HI bud, so I have canceled my cisp account and my B number will only get released on the 31st August, and I have signed up for the pure fiber package on the openserve network,

Wanted to know on the 1st September which is a Sunday can be able to jump. On the pure fiber package?.
Hey moms

You can jump in without any issues, even before your line is released because Openserve uses PPPoE.
We'll need to migrate the line after it has been released but there will be no downtime. :)

Fjorko

Expert Member
Hey moms

You can jump in without any issues, even before your line is released because Openserve uses PPPoE.
We'll need to migrate the line after it has been released but there will be no downtime. :)
This is good news to me as well, because i will be in the same boat. I just hope the release happens on time as stated by CISP ...

Fjorko

Expert Member
Precisely, you should be able to do so even before Sunday though because OpenServe uses PPPoE.
Ja but when does my account go active with you guys? Isn't it when the line grab happens, which I would think is not going to be on a Sunday.

So are u saying I can start using it even before you guys have activated me?

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Ja but when does my account go active with you guys? Isn't it when the line grab happens, which I would think is not going to be on a Sunday.

So are u saying I can start using it even before you guys have activated me?
Precisely, you change the PPPoE details on your router to connecvt to our network. You should be able to do this before the migration, when your line is in the holding pool and after migration. :D

freeek

Expert Member
Hi Afrihost,

I have logged support ticket on Saturday and still have not even received an ack for it. I have been experiencing terrible experience since the weekend. Some websites are fast and great while others time out and load forever. It is clearly an Afrihost issue since if I swap to 4g I do not experience the same problem.

Particular tough thing is the spikes causing my applications to disconnect (slack, whatsapp, battlenet, whatsapp), netflix is unusable and continues to say and error has occurred. While these issues are occurring, I can do a download test with no issues, or VPN in to work with little issues.

It appears to be a routing / shaping or something to that extent, I have tried switching DNS, from Afrihost -> Google -> Cloudfare but it is the same experience.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Hi Afrihost,

I have logged support ticket on Saturday and still have not even received an ack for it. I have been experiencing terrible experience since the weekend. Some websites are fast and great while others time out and load forever. It is clearly an Afrihost issue since if I swap to 4g I do not experience the same problem.

Particular tough thing is the spikes causing my applications to disconnect (slack, whatsapp, battlenet, whatsapp), netflix is unusable and continues to say and error has occurred. While these issues are occurring, I can do a download test with no issues, or VPN in to work with little issues.

It appears to be a routing / shaping or something to that extent, I have tried switching DNS, from Afrihost -> Google -> Cloudfare but it is the same experience.
i blame their upstream provider liquid telecom, it's like there's bouts of small packet loss, so connection gets lost and you have to refresh to wake it up, whats your linespeed? I was on 20mb with terrible russian roulette internet although all speedtests look normal, now i'm on 200mb and seems russian roulette is gone.

freeek

Expert Member
I am on 8/5mb openserve but have ordered an upgrade to 20mb on Saturday as well (still waiting).

WarrieP

Still only getting about 50Mbps after upgrading to 100Mbps to test for the month. Can I get a refund on my 400 rondt?:ROFL::unsure: Also still waiting for a PM reply from @Afrigirl from last Thursday on my speed issues...

Not having any luck streaming YouTube via Chromecast though, but still trying to troubleshoot. Gaming and downloads seems fine and YT is fine on my phone, so some issue with the new router and the Chromecast I imagine.

moms

Precisely, you change the PPPoE details on your router to connecvt to our network. You should be able to do this before the migration, when your line is in the holding pool and after migration. :D
How do we do that as it does not show our ppoe details on clientzone?

Fjorko

Expert Member
How do we do that as it does not show our ppoe details on clientzone?
Check the web clientzone -> connectivity - it will be there :

1565788757616.png

Below is your username :

1565788869252.png

you can then click "view product", and then click "access details" where you can change your password

1565789095880.png

1565788976258.png

Last edited:

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Hi Afrihost,

Hey freeek
I am so sorry that your connection is not stable. Can you drop me your clientzone username so I can investigate this for you?