Afrihost uncapped LTE - The details

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Afrihost’s Pure LTE Uncapped package which runs on MTN’s network is priced at R2,949 per month on a SIM-only contract, and R2,999 per month on a package which includes an LTE router.

It's not actually a contract. It's month to month. You can cancel at any time, you just have to pay for the router if you cancel within a certain time frame. Sim-only you can cancel whenever you want without having to pay anything.

H1TMANlol

If you're so confident you can handle it , give the people a cheaper package Afrihost (MTN). Even if its on par with Telkoms offer. Are you saying you cant beat telkom ?

animehero

Expert Member
I read the reason it will work is because it's so unaffordable nobody will be using it.

Those who have that kind of cash most certainly live in areas that has/ can afford fibre and don't need such a service. Those that can't get fibre can't afford this...

dotcat

So 1 reason it will work is that it is so expensive hardly anybody will be able to afford it.

So 1 reason it won't work is that MTN towers are already majorly congested with max 5megs down but 60 up. Bozza Network - no, more like Booza under lockdown. :cool:

nmccullo

I don't want uncapped at 3k, but I don't mind the additional data packages... Why is this not yet available with Supersonic? I thought Supersonic = MTN...

Leno

Expert Member
Rain’s uncapped fixed-LTE packages were discontinued after they resulted in significant congestion on its network.

Rain didnt ever have uncapped on the Fixed LTE option afaik, the biggest package was 600GB (x2 on the double data promo)

Edit: biggest could have been 300GB x 2

Reactions: Yuu

animehero

Expert Member
So 1 reason it will work is that it is so expensive hardly anybody will be able to afford it.

So 1 reason it won't work is that MTN towers are already majorly congested with max 5megs down but 60 up. Bozza Network - no, more like Booza under lockdown. :cool:
Lol I said this at post #5.
But yes.