Altcointrader and wallets

JohnJuniorV3

Expert Member
My money is in. How legit are these guys? I previously invested R5000 but now I'm skeptical, should I withdraw now?

Drifter

Honorary Master
They seem legit. Think their network is just being hit quite hard, lots of trades going on.

Mars

Honorary Master
They seem legit. Think their network is just being hit quite hard, lots of trades going on.
yea, they're a bit expensive on their transactions, but they seem legit to me.

JohnJuniorV3

Expert Member
Eventually got hold of them and they allocated my funds... I am still skeptical though. They're operating out of some house in Florida (Horizon?). Their address does not make sense.

Natas

Expert Member
Relax. It takes some time sometimes. My initial deposit took about a day to reflect from std bank. After that I used FNB and it reflected in a couple of hours.
Will try FNB for faster deposit.

I have looked all over their site... and am trying to figure out if there are deposit limits or restrictions on crypto withdrawals for accounts not fully verified. I have lodged everything but who knows how long it will take them to look at the ***.

JohnJuniorV3

Expert Member
Now I have no option to buy BTC - total price is NaN.. I’m really starting to get angry with this company now.

mk97

I had to call them , was on hold for 5 minutes, they eventually processed it. In the same time I deposited funds to luno, sent to an exchange, it was confirmed and I managed to buy some electroneum. as I type this now my funds from altcoin trader are still pending confirmation.

aandrei

i feel the same here... FFS !.... wanting to buy XRP @ 3.55 after luno/gatehub ridiculous wait time (now it is allready @7.60), went altcoin route, but still snail pace, this is what ripple is all about ....speedy transations, but seems we dont have a choice at this stage.... not at the southern end of africa at least.... not to mention the transaction fees... R28 for a R97 transaction.... so much for this technology, it sucks worse than the banks!

mk97

Hi Did you ever get your cash. Just concerned by the number of complaints on hellopeter? and I have only just started testing this exchange.

https://www.hellopeter.com/altcoin-trader

Both my transactions had failed and removed from the blockchain, yet
The money was not reflecting in my altcointrader bitcoin wallet

This is what I sent them
The money should have accordingly returned to my altcointrader bitcoin balance but it has not.
I Understand the bitcoin networks are busy, however, this transaction has failed and I need to know why its not reflecting back in my wallet

Their response:

Dear Trader

Thank you for your support.

We have resubmitted the withdrawal to the blockchain in order for it to be possibly confirmed.

Regards,

Keep in mind that I was trying to use these funds to buy electroneum on the relaunch. these funds were sent on the 12th of December, its now the 21st and I dont have my electroneum , nor do I have my bitcoins that were sent. This is a disaster.

John Tempus

Expert Member
I find it bizarre what they stated in the response, "Resubmitted withdrawal to blockchain" , wtf. If they send it, it would be send and the only possible reason I could think of it being rejected after couple of days could be that they are sending without any fees but that just seems crazy and beyond unprofessional.

The only other reason is that they are not actually sending out anything.

Before the first withdrawal were returned to your altcointrader account did you see it as unconfirmed on the receiving wallet at any time ?

mk97

I find it bizarre what they stated in the response, "Resubmitted withdrawal to blockchain" , wtf. If they send it, it would be send and the only possible reason I could think of it being rejected after couple of days could be that they are sending without any fees but that just seems crazy and beyond unprofessional.

The only other reason is that they are not actually sending out anything.

Before the first withdrawal were returned to your altcointrader account did you see it as unconfirmed on the receiving wallet at any time ?
yes, it was actually listed on the receiving wallet , will hopefully get through to them via telephone and see whats going on today.

Del-Bosc

i feel the same here... FFS !.... wanting to buy XRP @ 3.55 after luno/gatehub ridiculous wait time (now it is allready @7.60), went altcoin route, but still snail pace, this is what ripple is all about ....speedy transations, but seems we dont have a choice at this stage.... not at the southern end of africa at least.... not to mention the transaction fees... R28 for a R97 transaction.... so much for this technology, it sucks worse than the banks!
i thought their transaction fee was 0.8% of trade value ? and deposit fees where capped at 250 ? what transaction where you executing ?

cena

Altcoin trader should be investigated ,can myBB please do so asap ...they've got only negative reviews on hellopeter...if the rogue they should be held accountable for paying back people who invested and be shutdown asap....i tried withdrawing R100 and still doesnt reflect in account ...cant pay R100 somethings wrong

John Tempus

Expert Member
I have never personally used altcointrader but a friend of mine want to give them a try so I am just finding out one specific thing.

If he makes a cash deposit for one of the altcointrader deposit accounts listed on deposit page, how long does it take altcointrader to credit the deposit since cash deposit reflects instantly on their account do they also instantly or at the very least within an hour credit the deposit balance ?

Asking here first hoping someone could reply with their experience rather than asking altcointrader who would over simplify something that might not be true.