Altcointrader and wallets

Natas

Expert Member
Both my transactions had failed and removed from the blockchain, yet
The money was not reflecting in my altcointrader bitcoin wallet

This is what I sent them
The money should have accordingly returned to my altcointrader bitcoin balance but it has not.
I Understand the bitcoin networks are busy, however, this transaction has failed and I need to know why its not reflecting back in my wallet

I had the same issue, also with two payments. Not sure how complex it is but they should adjust fees in line with network congestion. I also had some other issues, like not getting withdrawal confirmation emails, multiple withdrawals i processed at the same time where one goes off almost right away and one taking like two days. Not sure if they are processing withdrawals manually.

I have been watching them for a while and finally decided to trade through their site and I regret it somewhat. I was hoping to do some big trades through them but not sure I feel comfortable doing so. There is a decent arbitrage opportunity on there and at times you can buy XRP cheaper in SA than offshore. If I could trust them I would leave cash on there to strike when the time is right.

GRC

And when searching their address, I cannot pick an actual place.
so far this is what i have googled;
ALTCOIN TRADER
Reg no: 2015 / 418624 / 07
Reg Date: 2015-11-20
Director: RICHARD ALLEN DE SOUSA
PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
229 ONTDEKKERS ROAD
HORIZON
ROODEPOORT

POSTAL ADDRESS:
229 ONTDEKKERS ROAD
HORIZON
ROODEPOORT

GRC

i feel the same here... FFS !.... wanting to buy XRP @ 3.55 after luno/gatehub ridiculous wait time (now it is allready @7.60), went altcoin route, but still snail pace, this is what ripple is all about ....speedy transations, but seems we dont have a choice at this stage.... not at the southern end of africa at least.... not to mention the transaction fees... R28 for a R97 transaction.... so much for this technology, it sucks worse than the banks!
@aandrei,
has luno listed XRP on there exchange?

Prom

I made 2 transfers (deposits of BTC and ETH) into my account during the last 2 weeks where the coins didn't arrive in my account. As example, made 1 ETH transfer to check if key works, took 2 hours 17 minutes to arrive. Send the big junk of 6.5 ETH and after 17 hours I send a complain and a bit later the coins were in my account. Same with a BTC transfer.. I complained, and short after it got credited. ETH network wasn't overloaded, I did the transfer right after the test transfer was successful... any body else experienced those behaviors at altcointrader.co.za? That you get the coins only if you complain?

I have more accounts with other traders for over a year, NEVER I had to complain, all transactions came in fast and automatically. 2 weeks I deal with AltCoinTRader.. 2 complains to get things done.. I feel not really save with thee trader to be honest :/

Natas

Expert Member
I made 2 transfers (deposits of BTC and ETH) into my account during the last 2 weeks where the coins didn't arrive in my account. As example, made 1 ETH transfer to check if key works, took 2 hours 17 minutes to arrive. Send the big junk of 6.5 ETH and after 17 hours I send a complain and a bit later the coins were in my account. Same with a BTC transfer.. I complained, and short after it got credited. ETH network wasn't overloaded, I did the transfer right after the test transfer was successful... any body else experienced those behaviors at altcointrader.co.za? That you get the coins only if you complain?

I have more accounts with other traders for over a year, NEVER I had to complain, all transactions came in fast and automatically. 2 weeks I deal with AltCoinTRader.. 2 complains to get things done.. I feel not really save with thee trader to be honest :/
I have had similar experiences. I was in a rush and made two xrp withdrawals... one small and one big. the small one was processed fast but the big one took days and had to contact support. A lot of my trading is very time sensitive and if an exchange is not reliable from a timing point of view, then I cant use it. In addition, I also feel that this kind of thing adds up and starts making me think I cant trust the exchange.

Prom

I have had similar experiences. I was in a rush and made two xrp withdrawals... one small and one big. the small one was processed fast but the big one took days and had to contact support. A lot of my trading is very time sensitive and if an exchange is not reliable from a timing point of view, then I cant use it. In addition, I also feel that this kind of thing adds up and starts making me think I cant trust the exchange.
I send and received with SpectroCoin at least 50 transactions, from and to different people. No complains.. do 4 transactions with AltCoinTrader and 2 need handling, both big transactions.. that just stinks very bad.

Can somebody recommend another Trader to link easy with my SA bank account (FNB)? The more I think into, how fast after my complains are send, the coins arrive.. somebody has his hands inside the transactions.. I would prefer to move.
Any recommendation is very welcome! Thanks in advance!

jarrodr

Expert Member
Hi guys

I am a total newbie at Cryptocurrency trading, so bare with me.
I have recently bought XRP. I have done my research in the trends and projected views. So I took the leap.

If I buy using AltcoinTrader, can I only trade on AltcoinTrader?

(I am not in this for the day trading)

Hendrix

No, you can use almost any exchange.
The local exchanges just accept zar deposits.
You can move your crypto to another exchange or to a wallet of your own.

Archer

Honorary Master

They MANUALLY credit your account, so deposits can take 10 minutes or 10 days

jarrodr

Expert Member
No, you can use almost any exchange.
The local exchanges just accept zar deposits.
You can move your crypto to another exchange or to a wallet of your own.
Seeing that I am not going to cash out soon. Should I add it to a wallet?

jarrodr

Expert Member
What is the process to withdrawal Ripple?

I've read briefly about the Ripple address required and activation charge...