Altcointrader and wallets

epah

Expert Member
How long does it take from EFT to AltCoin to reflect?
The other day from my Fnb account account it took about 2-3 minutes and then yesterday about 15 minutes. So I guess it depends on how busy they are maybe . I don’t know

jarrodr

Expert Member
What is the process to withdrawal Ripple?

I've read briefly about the Ripple address required and activation charge...
Bump.

While Ripple is at R16, I would like to buy an online wallet.

Any suggestions other than the nano ledger?

Hendrix

Bump.

While Ripple is at R16, I would like to buy an online wallet.

Any suggestions other than the nano ledger?
You don’t buy an online wallet, they just require that your balance is 20xrp minimum for the address to be active. All XRP addresses require 20xrp minimum.

No one takes your 20xrp, it’s yours.

I use Ripple Desktop Wallet from Rippex.net

PetrolHead

BEWARE of Altcointrader.co.za

When you need support you WILL NOT get it. I have been waiting three weeks for any response from them in regards to simply being able to log onto my account.

I use two factor authentication, which just brings the TF auth screen again even though I get an email saying I have successful logged in.

Pathetic support. Go elsewhere.

Daruk

Honorary Master
BEWARE of Altcointrader.co.za

When you need support you WILL NOT get it. I have been waiting three weeks for any response from them in regards to simply being able to log onto my account.

I use two factor authentication, which just brings the TF auth screen again even though I get an email saying I have successful logged in.

Pathetic support. Go elsewhere.
Did you phone them?

PetrolHead

I did. They told me to email them a photo of me holding up my ID and proof of address. I did this and now silence. Scary!

Daruk

Honorary Master
I did. They told me to email them a photo of me holding up my ID and proof of address. I did this and now silence. Scary!
Yeah, that's a sign they are doing something. I've had to do that before to gain access to my account. My advice is get your funds out of there ASAP. Only use them for the last mile transaction to your bank account IMO.

BitcoinZAR

If I buy on altcointrader, how do I create a wallet for BTC, or ETH or any crypto for that matter, and how do I move my purchased "coins" into said wallet?
It is best to store your crypto in a wallet that you own the private keys for. Do not store your coins on an exchange, only leave what you want to trade on the exchange.

Not sure what coins you have, but for bitcoin I can highly recommend a mobile phone app like Samurai Wallet, Airbitz, or GreenAddress.

For desktop you can try exodus wallet (exodus.io), which can store multiple currencies too, which is pretty cool.

PetrolHead

No thanks not going to waste my time. Don't have any issues with them.
Not yet...

I was fine with them for a long while too. Now not so much.

I'm glad that you're ok with them and I hope you never have to go through this last experience of mine. Wish me luck and best of fortunes on your trades.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Scary waiting three weeks without any response.

Right, but you'll take the time to lol at someone who's having an issue and take the time yet again to point out how you don't have issues with them.
Well yes was laughing at his tirade ending on how scary it is.

PetrolHead

Status Update: AltcoinTrader have finally handled my request. I have now submitted a withdrawal of some funds. Will update on when my money lands back in my bank account.

PetrolHead

Status Update: AltcoinTrader have finally handled my request. I have now submitted a withdrawal of some funds. Will update on when my money lands back in my bank account.
I received a courtesy call from AltCoinTrader to confirm that all was now in order in regards to my log in problems (That was a great call).

Emails from my registered email address were not being received on their end, only emails from my day to day email account were being received and as such they felt that they had a duty to not execute my requests due to their security protocols. (Understandable)

My funds withdrawn from AltCoinTrader were also transferred to my bank account with near immediate effect.

The net result is positive. Thank you AltCoinTrader. I am happy again.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I received a courtesy call from AltCoinTrader to confirm that all was now in order in regards to my log in problems (That was a great call).

Emails from my registered email address were not being received on their end, only emails from my day to day email account were being received and as such they felt that they had a duty to not execute my requests due to their security protocols. (Understandable)

My funds withdrawn from AltCoinTrader were also transferred to my bank account with near immediate effect.

The net result is positive. Thank you AltCoinTrader. I am happy again.
Yeah, lol, they use gmail accounts for support... and they're accounts from different domain names of the different businesses they run.