Altcointrader and wallets

Drifter

Honorary Master
If I buy on altcointrader, how do I create a wallet for BTC, or ETH or any crypto for that matter, and how do I move my purchased "coins" into said wallet?

Puscifer

Hardware wallets are the way to go if you are not in to day trading. Get a Ledger Nano S on Amazon. I paid less than R1400 for mine.

Drifter

Honorary Master
This does not answer my question, but thanks. I dont want to buy a hardware wallet, will keep on my PC with a dedicated USB back up.

saor

Honorary Master
This does not answer my question, but thanks. I dont want to buy a hardware wallet, will keep on my PC with a dedicated USB back up.
Any private wallet you use will have a coin-specific address to which you send your coins. If you had to create an ETH wallet on myetherwallet.com, you would then have an ETH address to which to send your ethereum or other etherereum-based (ERC20) tokens.

I don't use altcointrader but they must have a WITHDRAW or SEND option for each asset you hold there.

Last edited:
anyone else having an issue with altcointrader not sending a confirmation email to confirm a withdrawal, This will be the last time I use them, Ive been trying since 5pm to get my funds withdrawn and selected "resend confirmation email" yet still nothing. very worrying that its such a mission to withdraw

Puscifer

anyone else having an issue with altcointrader not sending a confirmation email to confirm a withdrawal, This will be the last time I use them, Ive been trying since 5pm to get my funds withdrawn and selected "resend confirmation email" yet still nothing. very worrying that its such a mission to withdraw
Has this been resolved yet?

Natas

Expert Member
I have been waiting since 4pm yesterday...
FFS! That means I can stop hitting the refresh button to check if my deposit from an hour ago has hit yet... that messes up my plan a bit... for a while there XRP was cheaper onshore than offshore.. see that's no longer the case... the fact that fiat is so slow is what causes all these imbalances between exchanges.

Thanks!

oliverwww

Expert Member
FFS! That means I can stop hitting the refresh button to check if my deposit from an hour ago has hit yet... that messes up my plan a bit... for a while there XRP was cheaper onshore than offshore.. see that's no longer the case... the fact that fiat is so slow is what causes all these imbalances between exchanges.

Thanks!
I don't know about you, but I can't access the website at the moment anyway, and no one answers their phones...

oliverwww

Expert Member
Well I’ve invested R13 500 into Altcoin trader as of yesterday and it has not reflected (but according to standard bank it has). They do not answer their phones and currently I’m stressing as I don’t know what is going on.

Madman88

Honorary Master
Relax. It takes some time sometimes. My initial deposit took about a day to reflect from std bank. After that I used FNB and it reflected in a couple of hours.

ice_cubes

Expert Member
I suspect its got to do with NMC suddenly spiking to R200 overnight - everyone is online trying to sell

ronald911

Expert Member
My brother is also having issues. Deposited R4k last night and it still isn't reflecting. My R2k reflected within 30mins.