Aramex global shopper

Someone on another thread said Buffalo use Paxit in SA and deliver to the nearest Pep store rather than to your door. This would not be nice for me as Pep is in an unsafe arcade and I don't walk well.
So pre lockdown I got an SMS from Baffalo stating that my order was going to be delivered to the nearest Spar grocer to me. Left it as it's actually a decent Spar TBF.

Didn't think anything of it as it was a small item but anyways it still landed up being delivered to my door after the regulations relaxed. Another recent order through Baffalo skipped the whole "Spar pickup" thing and came straight to my door.
 
My package was stuck in NY branch from 8/6/2020 until 28/6/2020 - now on its way to Dubai.
I'd rather have it stuck there than at customs. I've been waiting 18 days since aramex submitted the support that customs wanted

The joke is that the item costs R100 no jokes. Waste of time.
 
They were okay, but the service levels in the last 12 months have really deteriorated.

They do not have a customer centric mechanism to deal with complaints.

I would stay away.
 
Update from my side phoned AGS
My package was stuck in NY branch from 8/6/2020 until 28/6/2020 - now on its way to Dubai.

My parcel left 23/06 US No updates on app but spoke to someone yesterday said my parcel is in Dubai so seems there is delays to. She said JNB is still closed but as Dee mentioned they are open maybe just not receiving parcels yet only speculating though.
 
As promised I am updating you guys with my experience with MYUS.com

I am on their free plan with no consolidation.

Currently they have a backlog of a week in the US.

Their shipping address is in a tax free postal code but some merchants' software do not pick this up so you may get charged tax. I asked the merchant for a refund for the tax afterwards which was processed quickly.

The normal shipping cost for a R1kg package is R551.00 compared to R414.00 (R373.00 with flex) on Aramex. I did receive a $20 voucher towards this because of the delays. So I paid less about R200 for the shipping. There were no additional admin fees charged by MyUS.

Once they processed my package they used the invoice in the box for customs details and it was sent immediately through to the shipping company.

The shipping was through Fedex Economy (you have a choice of various options) which took less than a week to arrive in South Africa.

Fedex's handling fee was R150 for the package. I cannot remember what Aramex charges for handling fee.

Overall good experience considering the issues in the US. For expensive items MYUS might turn out cheaper because of the US tax savings.
 
Last edited:
Anyone used Buffalo Express's China shopping service before?

It's similar to MyUS & AGS but just for China.
You can buy things from 1688 or Aliexpress and then an agent goes and buys the physical item and ships it to you, they then add an agent fee too.
You can also buy directly from any shop and send it to their forwarding address.
They also consolidate packages and keep it in their warehouse for up to 60 days, something Aramex Global Shopper doesn't support.
The shipping rates are also cheaper than AGS, currently R399 5-12 days(or R511 for 3-7 days shipping) for up to 1kg vs. R518 what AGS charges. R297 for <0.5kg, if it's a small parcel.
Hope post Covid-19 shipping for all services become cheaper soon.
 
Anyone used Buffalo Express's China shopping service before?

It's similar to MyUS & AGS but just for China.
You can buy things from 1688 or Aliexpress and then an agent goes and buys the physical item and ships it to you, they then add an agent fee too.
You can also buy directly from any shop and send it to their forwarding address.
They also consolidate packages and keep it in their warehouse for up to 60 days, something Aramex Global Shopper doesn't support.
The shipping rates are also cheaper than AGS, currently R399 5-12 days(or R511 for 3-7 days shipping) for up to 1kg vs. R518 what AGS charges. R297 for <0.5kg, if it's a small parcel.
Hope post Covid-19 shipping for all services become cheaper soon.
Woah this could change the way ordering from china for me completely.
Would love to hear if this works same as AGS except with Buffalo from China.
 
At least they give you the Chinese address in, well, Chinese.

Service look kinda rough on the edges but perhaps usable. I suspect the BG0720 is my specific code.

Screenshot from 2020-07-01 16-11-20.png
 
As promised I am updating you guys with my experience with MYUS.com

I am on their free plan with no consolidation.

Currently they have a backlog of a week in the US.

Their shipping address is in a tax free postal code but some merchants' software do not pick this up so you may get charged tax. I asked the merchant for a refund for the tax afterwards which was processed quickly.

The normal shipping cost for a R1kg package is R551.00 compared to R414.00 (R373.00 with flex) on Aramex. I did receive a $20 voucher towards this because of the delays. So I paid less about R200 for the shipping. There were no additional admin fees charged by MyUS.

Once they processed my package they used the invoice in the box for customs details and it was sent immediately through to the shipping company.

The shipping was through Fedex Economy (you have a choice of various options) which took less than a week to arrive in South Africa.

Fedex's handling fee was R150 for the package. I cannot remember what Aramex charges for handling fee.

Overall good experience considering the issues in the US. For expensive items MYUS might turn out cheaper because of the US tax savings.

That's great feedback, thank you. I've used MyUS in the past for shipping two tablets to South Africa. I just wasn't willing to entrust tablets that were Christmas presents for my kids, that I saved for, for more than a year, to AGS. I came away very impressed on that occasion. They kept me informed throughout the process and I didn't experience any of the anxiety that I sometimes do with when using AGS. I definitely paid a few hundred bucks more compared to AGS but I was prepared to do so for the peace of mind. It's as Dee always reminds us, you get what what you pay for with these services. AGS is still a great budget option but there are definitely items I would never use AGS for. YMMV of course.
 
Hi all, I've just used AGS for the first time, bought second-hand oakley prescription glasses frames (without lenses) off US ebay and had shipped to the Aramex NY depot which ebay shows as delivered to on 24 June. There is no notice of this being received yet on my account on the AGS website. But after reading the posts here about all the delays I guess I should give it another week or so. Does anybody know if I will get charged customs duty on a second-hand item? I paid $50 for the frames
 
Hi all, I've just used AGS for the first time, bought second-hand oakley prescription glasses frames (without lenses) off US ebay and had shipped to the Aramex NY depot which ebay shows as delivered to on 24 June. There is no notice of this being received yet on my account on the AGS website. But after reading the posts here about all the delays I guess I should give it another week or so. Does anybody know if I will get charged customs duty on a second-hand item? I paid $50 for the frames
Anything over $35 interests customs, but I have no clue on the HTS code for spectacle frames.
Google it, the codes are the same the world over.
Then look here to see if there is any duty. View attachment LAPD-LPrim-Tariff-2012-04 - Schedule No 1 Part 1 Chapters 1 to 99.pdf
 
Anthony the Aramex driver delivering here in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town says they are short-staffed.
If Cape Town is short-staffed it is likely other depots are also.
Bottom line? It may say out for delivery, but it doesn't necessarily mean that day.
Patience people, think zen thoughts. We're half way through 2020. 6 months to go.
 
Hi guys... anyone recently trying to order anything from China on ebay? My Chinese address is as stipulated on AGS website, but it is not accepted when trying to check out on ebay.

Thanks
 
Hi all, I've just used AGS for the first time, bought second-hand oakley prescription glasses frames (without lenses) off US ebay and had shipped to the Aramex NY depot which ebay shows as delivered to on 24 June. There is no notice of this being received yet on my account on the AGS website. But after reading the posts here about all the delays I guess I should give it another week or so. Does anybody know if I will get charged customs duty on a second-hand item? I paid $50 for the frames

I had something delivered at their Ney York facility on the 22nd, it was listed by Aramex on the 30th and on the way to Dubai now.

Will likely be here mid to end next week.

You can contact them and ask them what duties there will be.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X