Avoid Amobia [resolved]

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Amobia WISP

Having used Amobia from 2006~2010 I made the mistake of signing up with them again.

They never respond to emails and after more than a week of paying R1700 for an installation and first month access fee all that I have is an invoice. They did call to say they plan to do the install next week Monday so that would effectively result in a turn around time of two weeks from payment to installation.

If you want good service avoid Amobia. I can only hope the connection they provide is better than the service I am currently getting from them.

Update : This story has a good end, after using Amobia for a few weeks I can highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Electric

Honorary Master
I know 4 people who use their services without any complaints.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yes my Mweb stint of 3 and a half years did not end well. Seems my new stint with Amobia is also not starting well.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Last year our development team was stationed at an off site office and we connected to HQ via WISH, had very little problems. Should have gone with them instead...

AlexFl

Hi. What's the general consensus on Amobia? They've called to advise that they're coming around to do LOS testing tomorrow. BitCo didn't get that right here. Needed an alternative and Amobia came highly recommended from a friend. Thoughts please?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Pretty good now that I have it. Support is quick to respond, connection is fast and solid. I have changed my mind about them, they are very good.

AlexFl

Negative on LOS test this am. Same with BitCo earlier this week.

portcullis

Cape Connect Internet Rep
Company Rep
Use this link. There should be someone ligit out there who can provide you with service.