Beware R149 uncapped data SIM, says MTN

jikajoe1

jeez these guys, mxm how can they do this mara. They have caught many people's emails and bank accounts now, they need to be investigated period.

JustAsk

Expert Member
Really MYBB?

That's your headline, but at the same time you clear the company from any wrong doing at the end of your own article...after you double checked nogal. Sies man.

Valerion

Expert Member
Really MYBB?

That's your headline, but at the same time you clear the company from any wrong doing at the end of your own article...after you double checked nogal. Sies man.

They are quoting MTN in the headline. MTN did say that. I can't see the issue?

F

Fudzy

Why did no one follow up with MTN regarding the APN? Isn't Afrihost using them as well?

JustAsk

Expert Member
They are quoting MTN in the headline. MTN did say that. I can't see the issue?

The issue is...

They first aproached Mtn.
Mtn make that comment simply because they couldn't find that company on their records.
Mybb then contacted Datasim
THey provide additional.
Mybb fact checked Datasim's claim and found out it is true
Mybb then go and published MTN's statement.

Now if you can't see what's wrong with, i don't know what's wrong with you.
This is not even sensationalism.

Grep

I don't see fault besides MyBB double checking their facts. I am sure lots have been learned from this debacle.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Just to be clear: We ordered a SIM card and will give feedback as soon as we receive it. Some users also confirmed that the service functions as expected.

It looks like some MTN APN users complained about the service, which raises some concern about the future viability of the product.

I have no idea what to expect longer term, but for now the service seems to offer what it promises.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I don't see a problem here unless MTN specifically disallow the companies they sell data to to resell that data then I can understand that it might be a problem.

IF they don't then I see nothing wrong. They have not mislead anyone.

quovadis

Executive Member
The article seems a little cynical and unbalanced as it casts doubt on a company's service despite their service checking out. Whether the service is sustainable in the long term is something time will tell.

Valerion

Expert Member
The issue is...

They first aproached Mtn.
Mtn make that comment simply because they couldn't find that company on their records.
Mybb then contacted Datasim
THey provide additional.
Mybb fact checked Datasim's claim and found out it is true
Mybb then go and published MTN's statement.

Now if you can't see what's wrong with, i don't know what's wrong with you.
This is not even sensationalism.

Unless the first point is:

"MTN makes a media statement" instead of "MyBB approaches MTN".

They write a story based on this.

Responsible journalism requires them to get an answer from the other party. They do so and append it to the story.

This doesn't become a conclusion or anything else - it's just them presenting two sides of a story to the public.

HideInLight

Expert Member
No reason to get desperate and order one hoping it's legit (and sustainable).

We have guinea pigs already, give them time to do their thing first.

The old saying "if it's good to be true, it normally is" goes without saying.

Kerm

called the 011 number and the person who answered just said "Hallo" no formalities. Too fishy if you ask me. Lets give it time and see ................

Zukat

Expert Member
called the 011 number and the person who answered just said "Hallo" no formalities. Too fishy if you ask me. Lets give it time and see ................

Maybe because its actually a home number in Lenasia...

Totempole

Expert Member
Seriously guys, go for it! What's the worst that can happen? You only stand to lose R149, your Identity (when you RICA), and have your Internet Traffic Intercepted.

Other than that you'll be fine. :)