Beware - Telkom removing ADSL services through the coverage map

chrisc

Executive Member
Telkom did not ask. One day in October 2019 the shop the phone did not work

After speaking to other businesses, it transpired that the entire complex had been disconnected. No notice, nothing

Telkom's only advice was to use their mobile device. Most owners went for IP via Euphoria or Freshphone using their fibre

ronz91

Expert Member
Unfortunately, that doesn't work in areas that are 'not covered' by ADSL. Afrihost still has to call Telkom and get a line installed for you.
yes but if you are on a full telkom package, to switch to naked you have to cancel your nline and possibly telkom will not allow you back on whereas here you still have an active line with telkom and are jsut switching ISPs.

Genisys

Honorary Master
So are you saying Non-Copper are going to work better, more reliable, cheaper than copper which to me was proven reliable and affordable, I understand copper itself has other values than communication and is attractive to recover.
I don't know what point you are trying to make, but if you think a Fibre network is worse than a copper network and that a Fibre network can't beat a copper network I have bad news for you. Even buying copper network cables doesn't make sense when you reach a certain stage. CAT7A is a good example. At what point do you call it a day and you stop using copper that needs to be replaced every time you want to go faster?

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Necro incoming.

I cancelled my ADSL/Voice a month ago or so and applied for the Pure DSL Unlimited Home Lite for R199 per month from Telkom... they call me and say that there is no ADSL coverage in my area! Bunch of lil wankers.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Necro incoming.

I cancelled my ADSL/Voice a month ago or so and applied for the Pure DSL Unlimited Home Lite for R199 per month from Telkom... they call me and say that there is no ADSL coverage in my area! Bunch of lil wankers.
What they are doing is very underhand, as I said previously I wouldn't be surprised if Telkom is deliberately turning a blind eye or even aiding in its own cable theft.