Beware when ordering from RARU...

MDKXL

When they keep to their release dates they are best, plus they keep pre-orders of games up to date, unlike Takealot who put up pre-orders last minute or not at all

But when there is a delay, yeah it's either wait it out for both a refund or for your item, urgency is not in their dictionary

johncgalloway

Welp, I ordered a Bandai Grendizer kit from them, got a delay mail in November, expected DoS 12 December (we close on the 20th - I go on leave tonight), no answering their telephones, mails, etc.

R800 claim or down the drain. Especially when you read the positive vs negative reviews on HelloPeter... oh my word, the 1 stars far outweigh the 4 or 5 stars.

bar1

Expert Member
Welp, I ordered a Bandai Grendizer kit from them, got a delay mail in November, expected DoS 12 December (we close on the 20th - I go on leave tonight), no answering their telephones, mails, etc.

R800 claim or down the drain. Especially when you read the positive vs negative reviews on HelloPeter... oh my word, the 1 stars far outweigh the 4 or 5 stars.
You will get your money back in about 6 weeks (maybe longer due to the holidays).

_kabal_

Expert Member
I didnt listen.

_kabal_ said:
Why is this order taking so long to process?

The order was placed on 31st December, and lead time says 4-5 working days. Currently, it says that the estimated dispatch date is the 16th of January.
RARU said:
There was a fulfillment issue with our supplier and the goods were reordered.
We expect them to arrive by the end of next week.

We sincerely apologise for this delay and any inconvenience caused.
As soon as the goods arrive, we will dispatch with urgency.
_kabal_ said:
Possibly would be better to preempt and inform your customers, so they could potentially make alternative arrangements

Having to wait a month for a component is really not acceptable
At least the total cost was only R250 including delivery

Rob123

Just been told that they are shutting down for the day due to loadshedding!!
Surely you have a backup if you are a business? Can't you operate from a laptop??

ponder

Honorary Master
I just logged a rma request for my mouse with them, let's see how that goes.

Iwojima

Expert Member
Good luck trying to get a refund out of Raru these days. I requested cancellation and refund of an pre-order on the 13th of Jan as they (once again) could not make the street date indicated.

Several mails back and forth during that time, commitment from their side to refund early Feb, stories about a massive backlog in refund processing (I wonder why :cautious: ), further mails (which they ignored) and a phonecall to their offices later and I appear to be no closer to a refund.

Last edited:

bar1

Expert Member
Good luck trying to get a refund out of Raru these days. I requested cancellation and refund of an pre-order on the 13th of Jan as they (one again) could not make the street date indicated.

Several mails back and forth during that time, commitment from their side to refund early Feb, stories about a massive backlog in refund processing (I wonder why :cautious: ), further mails (which they ignored) and a phonecall to their offices later and I appear to be no closer to a refund.
Refund from Raru is "standard" 6 weeks.

theratman

Executive Member
How does one go about doing that out of interest?
There should be link on your banking site. You'll fill out a short form with details of the charge back and send it to the bank. Bank investigates and returns your funds if the complaint is legit.

lived666

Executive Member
Just remember, no online shop to this day have been making any profit. Even Takealot is still running at a loss
Nonsense, it's only the ones that dream of being the next Amazon and grow and invest too much for the SA market that don't make money. I know of quite a few smaller ones that make a very decent income.

Totempole

Expert Member
Nonsense, it's only the ones that dream of being the next Amazon and grow and invest too much for the SA market that don't make money. I know of quite a few smaller ones that make a very decent income.
Income and profit are two very different things.

lived666

Executive Member
Just saying that sometimes being profitable is not the goal. Breaking even or operating at a small loss can be better for smaller companies from a tax perspective.
yeah, one always makes a small annual loss.....