Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Somehow that first paragraph does not fit to the rest of the job offer.
use the [* tag to make a bullet, just close it with ]. [*]

so [list and [/list, with each point having [*

• A
  • B

Sonic2k

Executive Member
I currently do all this and more.
But you will not be able to match or even exceed my salary I am sure.
Salary is negotiable whatever does that mean?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Are we not going to talk about the Java/C# problem in the spec?

C# .Net Developer

... We are seeking a motivated, mature Java developer/architect to complement our technical team. We’re inviting Java Developer candidates with a can-do attitude, a pragmatic soul and a trustworthy approach to execution to apply. If you can see yourself as part of a living and growing environment where personal drive and a need to explore new ways of using technologies are on top of your agenda, then we can’t wait to hear from you

As a .Net Developer you’ll assume a responsibility in the daily operations of the key components of Lava Lamp's Projects....

..., C#, LINQ, PEX, HTML5, javascript, Cloud technologies and Visual Studio.
Strong c# and .net skills, backed with demonstrable experience
Highly skilled in database design and optimization, especially SQL Server
Experience with Web server technologies, mostly ASP.net

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Wow these recruiters are getting dumber by the second.

At least they could copy and paste the spec from the company previously with relative accuracy. Now it seems like they are taking the hard work on themselves by using some kind of software development job spec generator to product long walls of invalid text which ultimately mean nothing and have direct conflicts within.

Necropolis

Executive Member
Doesn't inspire confidence in the position when the title of the ad mentions C# and then the first paragraph goes on about Java.

Necropolis

Executive Member
Also what the **** does LAMP have to do with C# development work?

Do you even know what LAMP stands for?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Also what the **** does LAMP have to do with C# development work?

Do you even know what LAMP stands for?

Short for Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP, an open-source Web development platform, also called a Web stack, that uses Linux as the operating system, Apache as the Web server, MySQL as the RDBMS and PHP as the object-oriented scripting language. Perl or Python is often substituted for PHP.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/L/LAMP.html

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
Wow these recruiters are getting dumber by the second.

At least they could copy and paste the spec from the company previously with relative accuracy. Now it seems like they are taking the hard work on themselves by using some kind of software development job spec generator to product long walls of invalid text which ultimately mean nothing and have direct conflicts within.

Ok i'm actually going to say something here....

Firstly the recruiter is the company themselves they are clear about that in the job spec. Secondly, you cannot assume that a person is dumb because they don't fully understand what it is you do every single day, IT is very very broad and it is IMPOSSIBLE for one person to understand absolutely everything about every single role underneath it so we (HR & recruitment professionals) rely on the IT professionals to ensure the information provided is 100% correct. Finally IF there is a job spec generator that recruiters use it was designed by an IT professional who clearly got it wrong.

/end

Lukestar my apologies for hijacking your thread.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Ok i'm actually going to say something here....

Firstly the recruiter is the company themselves they are clear about that in the job spec. Secondly, you cannot assume that a person is dumb because they don't fully understand what it is you do every single day, IT is very very broad and it is IMPOSSIBLE for one person to understand absolutely everything about every single role underneath it so we (HR & recruitment professionals) rely on the IT professionals to ensure the information provided is 100% correct. Finally IF there is a job spec generator that recruiters use it was designed by an IT professional who clearly got it wrong.

/end

Lukestar my apologies for hijacking your thread.

We get that IT is a broad subject matter/area but basics like mixing up Java and C# - are these specs not checked and vetted by the companies at all?

Why even go through posting a massive essay like the above when a simple:

Years XP required: ?
Tech required: ?
Culture: ?
Type of work: ?
Small bit about the business: ?

Will do. There is no need to tell us we will be reporting to the CTO and that we need to be self starters, motivated, team player blah blah blah willing to learn snort fart blah. All fluff that nobody reading cares about. Think of job specs like a company's CV to a candidate. Get to the point.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Another cause for concern is that the people writing up these job specs are the same ones formatting our CV's into a standard template (along with that useless skills matrix) right? So imagine a mistake like this one a CV.

And it does happen, I've been sent to C++ interviews by a recruiter when I was looking for C# work.

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
We get that IT is a broad subject matter/area but basics like mixing up Java and C# - are these specs not checked and vetted by the companies at all?

I don't know any recruiter that draws up the job specs, they come from the client and we work according to the information provided by them. I may be wrong but i've never come across it..

The above looks to me like two job specs not one, so maybe a bit of a copy and paste mistake?

As for getting that IT is a broad subject matter I don't know if you guys/girls really really do understand, on my board for this week I'm currently am recruiting:

Front End Developers
3 x C# Developers
3 x C++ Developers
Test Analysts
IT Manager
Infrastructure Engineer
E-Learning Consultant
Application Support

Each one of those positions have a very specific set of skills needed, lets say for example the E-Learning Consultant, I have never ever recruited that kind of candidate but my client gave me a good spec with a great briefing so I did understand, IF they had made a mistake on that spec I would never have known because its not something i've worked with.

My point being, don't assume that as recruiters we are dumb because we don't always see what you see, we are trying to understand a boatload of roles with very very different tech.. point it out yes by all means because that is how we learn and grow our skill set to help you when you are looking for new opportunities. No need to make us feel like we add no value, because I can promise you each one of us have added value to many people needing a job

I know the guys on SS helped me so much when I started recruiting in 2007.. trust me I made plenty of these mistakes in the beginning but with their help and guidance, I understand things a whole lot better now.

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
Another cause for concern is that the people writing up these job specs are the same ones formatting our CV's into a standard template (along with that useless skills matrix) right? So imagine a mistake like this one a CV.

And it does happen, I've been sent to C++ interviews by a recruiter when I was looking for C# work.

*facepalm into my keyboard* yeah i've heard those horror stories from many a candidate.. I sympathise with you guys on this I really really do..

Necropolis

Executive Member
I don't know any recruiter that draws up the job specs, they come from the client and we work according to the information provided by them. I may be wrong but i've never come across it..

Surely you would proof read the spec before advertising it?

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
Surely you would proof read the spec before advertising it?

I do proof read mine, but again if an error has been made by a client on something i'm not familiar with how would I know?

Again..

My point being, don't assume that as recruiters we are dumb because we don't always see what you see, we are trying to understand a boatload of roles with very very different tech.. point it out yes by all means because that is how we learn and grow our skill set to help you when you are looking for new opportunities. No need to make us feel like we add no value, because I can promise you each one of us have added value to many people needing a job

Hamster

Resident Rodent
OK, so basically the company sets up a job spec and the recruiter just releases it? In that case - the above company doesn't know what they want :p

OP - go talk to them.

Lukestar

No worries WhiteRaven - Great name by the way - to be honest I have been looking to resource Java and .NET Developers and thus left the Two tech stacks in the same JD.
Appreciate your back us up.
Regards

Last edited: