CD Writer won't burn

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S CdRom Device, and am trying to burn information to a RW disk, but after it says burning completed successfully, the disk is still blank.... I am using Nero.

Can anyone help?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
had that problem once ..... does it work after you have rebooted the PC by any chance? Thats what mine did .......

SlyFly

Expert Member
Yea its gone...

Had a Lite-On aswell lasts just long enough to be out of warranty (2 years) Did exactly the same...

LabAnimal

Expert Member
same here - my lite-on lasted about a week after warranty... the dvd recorder suddenly reverted to a CD reader only.... DVD's make a strange noise and ejects. last time i ever bought sony/lite-on drives. Its now awaiting D-Day for an insurance claim "Fried by lightning" scenario! :eek:

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Is it really blank? I have a similar problem sometimes when my dvd-writer burns the data but cannot read it. This happens when using certain brands of dvd blanks. Try the dvd in another dvd-rom or dvd-writer and see if it reads.

medicnick83

Paramedic
Pooky, try this; Do a full erase then try using the disk again.
I've had this same problem before, all I did was do a full erase (not a quick one) and then tried again, it worked.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Haven't had this problem with Lite-On yet... *touch wood*

Do normal CD-R blanks work?

Turiko

Banned
What about trying to upgrade the firmware?

Had a problem like this with a Sony DRU series writer, Upgraded the firmware and it is still burning happily a year later on disks that refused to write

mercurial

MyBB Legend
What about trying to upgrade the firmware?

Had a problem like this with a Sony DRU series writer, Upgraded the firmware and it is still burning happily a year later on disks that refused to write

That would be the solution to my previous post and it should work. I have 2 Samsung DVD-Writers and upgrading the firmware is a breeze with Samsung.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Pooky, try this; Do a full erase then try using the disk again.
I've had this same problem before, all I did was do a full erase (not a quick one) and then tried again, it worked.

I tried that, still no luck.

That would be the solution to my previous post and it should work. I have 2 Samsung DVD-Writers and upgrading the firmware is a breeze with Samsung.

Ok will try that...