Cell C apologises for network issues

nalu

Accepted

Now please increase the throughput. It has gone from cool this is a great price and it can only get better to geez this is crawling have I been ripped off?

uduwar

I wonder which poor routing engineer got fired for that little booboo!

surfs-up

Expert Member
Apology accepted Lars

Still loving my Cell C 5GB black speedstick - fantastic speeds and stability in Richards Bay. Only two disruptions since early December. Had similar success while on vacation in PE, DBN, JNB and Cape Town.

Parts of JNB seem to lack coverage and throughput - I talked my girlfriend into buying into Cell C data, but her apartment in Dunkeld West has very poor coverage with low speeds (GPRS/EDGE only indoors - she has to sit outside to get a decent speed)

Last edited:

RVD

Apology accepted! +1

Thanks Lars for acknowledging the problem and then rectifying it. Amazing how many other companies deny that there is even a problem!

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
I love it!

Cell C dies twice in 5 days and everybody still loves them.

Vodacom does something small wrong and everybody hates them :D

Shayd

Expert Member
I love it!

Cell C dies twice in 5 days and everybody still loves them.

Vodacom does something small wrong and everybody hates them :D
Probably because cell c's network runs on money and sweat while vodacom requires a second bond and the sacrificing of your first born children.

Sent from my apple stomping, berry crushing droid! Samsung Galaxy S.

OMB

Mountain Man
has there been an apology for the month end fiasco?

LGrey

Compare the value for money then consider the underlying reasons
I think there are more deep-routed issues for the animosity (especially amongst tech/industry savvy) towards Vodacom - the government's interests in them.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I think there are more deep-routed issues for the animosity (especially amongst tech/industry savvy) towards Vodacom - the government's interests in them.
Government no longer has a interest in Vodacom. Vodafone is majority shareholder, some shares were used for BEE I think and the rest is traded on the JSE as Vodacom is now a public company. I might be wrong about the BEE thing though.