Cell-C Self-Service Portal

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
This looks promising:
http://www.cellc.co.za/login/page/login

Is anyone able to see their promotional data bundle balance on this site?
After registering and logging in, under 'Your account info' I just see 'Loading, please wait...', just want to make sure it's not a problem with my browser.

SDM

Does the same to me too - no information on the data balance on my speedstick.

If I log in with my wife's Cell C phone contract details then I get usage balances even though the contract is with Nashua.

The site has always worked with Firefox 3.x for me.

renierp

I am also not getting any info, assume it is only for contract subscribers. I hope Cell C plans to implement this soon though, as I have now moved my speedstick to a Cisco router, do not want to keep moving it to check my balance....

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I am also not getting any info, assume it is only for contract subscribers.
:(
I hope Cell C plans to implement this soon though, as I have now moved my speedstick to a Cisco router, do not want to keep moving it to check my balance....
I hope they are planning to implement it soon too.

Can any of the people with the promotional data bundle on contract see their bundle balance on this site?

Last edited:

Terencek

Expert Member
Wouldn't ginggs' MDMA app be the easiest way to keep track of your data balance, using its USSD feature? It certainly works for a normal Cell C prepaid data SIM, though I haven't tried it on the promotional ones.

rorz0r

Executive Member
It's useful for people who are using routers and not the MDMA/cellc software on a pc.

renierp

It's useful for people who are using routers and not the MDMA/cellc software on a pc.
Don't forget the peeps who use the modem on multiple pcs/laptops.

Sent from the MyBroadband iPhone App

rorz0r

Executive Member
If you're using it on multiple laptops you can't rely on the "statistics" tab but it's like 2 clicks away to check your balance in the cell c software.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I've heard from Cell-C that this site is to be upgraded within the next two months, hopefully promotional data SIMs will be supported.

Is anyone with a promotional data on contract able to see their data balance on this site?

ribbo

Is anyone with a promotional data on contract able to see their data balance on this site?
That would be me.

No, I can not. :(

It also claims that I am on a "1GB Tariff Smartdata" contract - I am on the 5GB contract.

Don't get me started on how broken their site is - have you tired to change your details on the site? WTF!

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
That would be me.

No, I can not. :(
Thanks for confirming.
It also claims that I am on a "1GB Tariff Smartdata" contract - I am on the 5GB contract.

Don't get me started on how broken their site is - have you tired to change your details on the site? WTF!
Can't say that I have, I did try and enable MMS and couldn't do that either.
Good news is they have said it is to be upgraded.

jxharding

Expert Member
is there website to see usage for the month? e.g. if you carry modem between PC's?

is there a website to see usage for the month? e.g. if you carry modem between PC's?
in my case the values were reset on the cell c software, so i dont know what the available megs are for the month

Tun@

Expert Member
From the Dash - Services button / hit Balance Enquiry & Recharge

Park@82

Honorary Master
Us guys with routers still need to be able to monitor usage online. No Cell c rep around?

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Well I've mailed (Tell Trevor) Cell C regarding this and they phoned me back and informed that they might consider it.

I would suggest that everybody who needs this functionality mail them so that we can get the ball rolling.