Status
Not open for further replies.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Any idea of pricing ?
We are looking at including the extension for free with the fibre service, but then the voip rates will be similar to Telkom call rates. (Is what we are toying with at present) It seems to fit subscribers better.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
We are looking at including the extension for free with the fibre service, but then the voip rates will be similar to Telkom call rates. (Is what we are toying with at present) It seems to fit subscribers better.
Will you include an option that only select numbers can call, so no spam and only use it to call you, the provider.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Will you include an option that only select numbers can call, so no spam and only use it to call you, the provider.
Well the idea was to limit functionality and drop the price on the extension, that kind of functionality attracts more costs from the providers. But will see, that kind of thing should be supported.

FoXtroT

Expert Member
@PBCool

Please can you help me. Mitsol finished installing my line on Wednesday (and according to them they have informed you of its activation) and I would really like to be able to start using my fibre this weekend, but your support line won't give me PPPOE details as they say they haven't been notified by Mitsol.

I have logged a ticket via email, but if it is at all possible to have this sped up and resolved before the end of the day I would really appreciate it. I don't even need to wait for your router either as I have a compatible one on hand.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
@PBCool

Please can you help me. Mitsol finished installing my line on Wednesday (and according to them they have informed you of its activation) and I would really like to be able to start using my fibre this weekend, but your support line won't give me PPPOE details as they say they haven't been notified by Mitsol.

I have logged a ticket via email, but if it is at all possible to have this sped up and resolved before the end of the day I would really appreciate it. I don't even need to wait for your router either as I have a compatible one on hand.
Sure let me see what I can do, please forward the mail you logged to paul at cisp.co.za

FoXtroT

Expert Member
Sure let me see what I can do, please forward the mail you logged to paul at cisp.co.za
Apologies, I logged the ticket via your website form. Should I just send a mail to that address detailing my situation anyway?

maumau

Honorary Master
Hi PBCool, Vumatel fiber is in the street and there's a connection point on the wall of everyhouse.

If we chose to go with CoolIdeas would Vumatel be the ones to lay fiber from the point on the street into a box inside the house? Once that is done do we contact CI and you bring a router and check the speed on our PCs etc?

Are we billed for fiber from the day the fiber is pulled into the house by Vumatel
or
Are we billed for fiber from the day IC sets up the router and we "go live" so to speak?

Will there be an account from Vumatel and one from IC or do you combine the two into one monthly charge?
Do Vumatel charge IC for use of the cable and you pass that charge on to customers?

TIA

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Hi PBCool, Vumatel fiber is in the street and there's a connection point on the wall of everyhouse.

If we chose to go with CoolIdeas would Vumatel be the ones to lay fiber from the point on the street into a box inside the house? Once that is done do we contact CI and you bring a router and check the speed on our PCs etc?

Are we billed for fiber from the day the fiber is pulled into the house by Vumatel
or
Are we billed for fiber from the day IC sets up the router and we "go live" so to speak?

Will there be an account from Vumatel and one from IC or do you combine the two into one monthly charge?
Do Vumatel charge IC for use of the cable and you pass that charge on to customers?

TIA
Hi There,
So you would apply for a line installation with Vumatel for your home, they will schedule to come and pull the fibre from street level to a suitable place in your house. From there you complete an application with us, which we then courier you a router.

You then plug in your router and connect to it via cable or wireless, if your line is working as it should you will be taken to the Vumatel catch page from there you would register and select a package with us. Around 15min or so later the Vumatel system will provision your line onto our network, you will then receive one of our IPs and your service will be active.

We then get notification that you're active and we will start billing from there (once the service starts from our side).

You only need to deal with us from an accounts perspective, Vumatel charge us a respective line fee which is a portion of the total you would pay us each month.

Hope this clears things up?

maumau

Honorary Master
Wonderful clear explanation thank you PBCool.

I sincerely hope Cool Ideas keeps up the standard to which we have become accustomed from them :)

FoXtroT

Expert Member
Thanks PBCool,

Unfortunately no luck so far. Is there anything special that I need to do other than entering in the PPPoE details?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Thanks PBCool,

Unfortunately no luck so far. Is there anything special that I need to do other than entering in the PPPoE details?
Is this Vumatel? Doesn't the Mac address need to be allowed/fixed?

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
@PBCool, i see you guys are mentioned as one of the ISPs which will be an option on Century City Connect's infrastructure. They have yet to lay the fibre at the complex I'm at, would your pricing be something along the lines of the following:
https://www.cisp.co.za/ftth/frogfoot-residential/
Basically R599 p.m for 10mbps through to R999 p.m. for 100mbps?

They plan on installing fibre termination units for DSTV. Are FTUs also required for internet connectivity?

And then over and above that all we need is a router such as the TP Link WR840N / 'TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router' that you guys provide?

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
@PBCool, i see you guys are mentioned as one of the ISPs which will be an option on Century City Connect's infrastructure. They have yet to lay the fibre at the complex I'm at, would your pricing be something along the lines of the following:
https://www.cisp.co.za/ftth/frogfoot-residential/
Basically R599 p.m for 10mbps through to R999 p.m. for 100mbps?

They plan on installing fibre termination units for DSTV. Are FTUs also required for internet connectivity?

And then over and above that all we need is a router such as the TP Link WR840N / 'TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router' that you guys provide?
Yeap spot on, Century Connect do a strange deployment where they install a 2011 Mikrotik and vlan the services apart for the DSTV IP service.

Yeap router will be couriered to you preconfigured with your account details.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Yeap spot on, Century Connect do a strange deployment where they install a 2011 Mikrotik and vlan the services apart for the DSTV IP service.

Yeap router will be couriered to you preconfigured with your account details.
Thanks, can you elaborate on why it's a "strange" deployment?

Are FTUs required for internet connectivity, or only for the DSTV IP service?

Status
Not open for further replies.