Status
Not open for further replies.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Thanks, can you elaborate on why it's a "strange" deployment?

Are FTUs required for internet connectivity, or only for the DSTV IP service?
Because no one else deploys in this manner, also creates a world of confusion for customers. The Mikrotik router then our router etc, they could have done it in a simpler more elegant way.

Yes I believe they are required for either service.

harties

@PBCool,

Any chance CISP will roll out a live chat support? I find the ticket system really slow...

harties

More than likely at some point, if you need instant support just call?
I've only tried calling twice but the waiting times are far too long for me (cellphone costs...).
Personally find live chat support the best balance as i don't mind waiting in the queue whilst doing something else.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
I've only tried calling twice but the waiting times are far too long for me (cellphone costs...).
Personally find live chat support the best balance as i don't mind waiting in the queue whilst doing something else.
Thanks for the feedback, waiting times are generally a few minutes max, we have tabled instant chat support so it's in the pipeline of discussions.

africanbriton

Hi there Cool ideas

I recently got fibre installed in vorna valley about a week ago. Service has been alright. However, playing games online is impossible. Sometimes my ping rises to over 1000ms and the lag is extremely bad. Could you please assist?

Regards

digitalp

Fibre works will start soon on my street and I will like to go with CISP. I already have a mikrotik router. Can I use that instead?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Hi there Cool ideas

I recently got fibre installed in vorna valley about a week ago. Service has been alright. However, playing games online is impossible. Sometimes my ping rises to over 1000ms and the lag is extremely bad. Could you please assist?

Regards
Hi There, that's not normal at all, would either be a Maboneng line issue or internal network, are you playing over a cabled connection?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Fibre works will start soon on my street and I will like to go with CISP. I already have a mikrotik router. Can I use that instead?
Yeap you can of course, just please make sure you lock it down correctly as lots of people setup tiks and leave recursive DNS forwarding open to the world :)

africanbriton

Hi There, that's not normal at all, would either be a Maboneng line issue or internal network, are you playing over a cabled connection?
Nope, over wifi. However, when I played on ADSL it wasn't problem. My Fibre Modem is still in the same location as my ADSL router was.

Thanks for replying on a public holiday! Good service :)

Syphonx

Expert Member
Nope, over wifi. However, when I played on ADSL it wasn't problem. My Fibre Modem is still in the same location as my ADSL router was.

It's possible your fibre router just has ****ty wifi, you should try playing over a cabled connection.

PBCool

Cool Ideas

Yeap wireless being a dynamic protocol, best is to try with a cable and we can take it from there. Also remember wireless is now flooding the air with all the capacity being deployed by fibre. The wireless noise a 100Mbps fibre service generates vs a 4Mbps are very different things, so when a neighbor has 4 repeaters and is downloading/streaming a large file, this could have a major affect on your wireless service.

africanbriton

It's possible your fibre router just has ****ty wifi, you should try playing over a cabled connection.

Yeap wireless being a dynamic protocol, best is to try with a cable and we can take it from there. Also remember wireless is now flooding the air with all the capacity being deployed by fibre. The wireless noise a 100Mbps fibre service generates vs a 4Mbps are very different things, so when a neighbor has 4 repeaters and is downloading/streaming a large file, this could have a major affect on your wireless service.
Ah okay, might be a bit of a problem as my Router is like 30 meters from my PC. I'll try make a plan. Thanks for the feedback

FoXtroT

Expert Member
Thanks, PBCool I'm all connected now. :D

6153040117.png

Thanks for personally following up with me as well, however I think I would be amiss to say I was a little bit disappointed to not receive any feedback from your support desk. I'm not sure how your ticketing system is set-up but you don't get a confirmation email upon logging a call (via email); perhaps look into setting this up (that can include a reference no. perhaps). It at least allows us to know that you have received our mail and we can easily refer to it if we have to call you.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Thanks, PBCool I'm all connected now. :D

View attachment 425224

Thanks for personally following up with me as well, however I think I would be amiss to say I was a little bit disappointed to not receive any feedback from your support desk. I'm not sure how your ticketing system is set-up but you don't get a confirmation email upon logging a call (via email); perhaps look into setting this up (that can include a reference no. perhaps). It at least allows us to know that you have received our mail and we can easily refer to it if we have to call you.
Thanks for letting me know, our ticketing system does respond with a ticket number, I believe there was a ticket logged for you. So you might wanna check spam folders etc :). As this is how the support guys reached out to Mitsol again and yourself directly.

Ticket logged on the 20th, #COOL-20170320-8495 ticket number. Logged with Mitsol

Greg responded stating waiting for updates from Mitsol, if you didnt get any responses then please check your spam folders etc for the response and ticket numbers.

Last edited:

FoXtroT

Expert Member
Thanks for letting me know, our ticketing system does respond with a ticket number, I believe there was a ticket logged for you. So you might wanna check spam folders etc :). As this is how the support guys reached out to Mitsol again and yourself directly.
Hmm, got nothing even in my spam folders. Must be something wrong with mail server then.

Apologies for the misdirected criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.