• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.
Hi PBCool,

I'm a new customer (just got my router today) :) So far the service has been good.

I did however come across something that made me unhappy. When I was first setting the router up I was having authentication issues (turns out I was just using the incorrect username) - and I opened a support ticket and I got a response (within minutes) with my username and password.

The problem is that the reply contained the password that I created my account with which means that passwords are being stored in plaintext your servers and a support technician has seen my password.

This seems like a very insecure set up to me.

Best Regards,
MeissnerEffect

under_sky

Hi PBCool,

I'm a new customer (just got my router today) :) So far the service has been good.

I did however come across something that made me unhappy. When I was first setting the router up I was having authentication issues (turns out I was just using the incorrect username) - and I opened a support ticket and I got a response (within minutes) with my username and password.

The problem is that the reply contained the password that I created my account with which means that passwords are being stored in plaintext your servers and a support technician has seen my password.

This seems like a very insecure set up to me.

Best Regards,
MeissnerEffect
Trust me it makes no difference in terms of that password as it can only be used on your line etc, i know that with Afrihost every support staff member has access to your clientzone by just clicking on a link and then they can see everything, including going into your emails hosted on their servers.

under_sky

Interesting. Looks like that is dependent on the DNS server you using. When using CISP dns it also goes to above for me. When using CloudFlare or Google it goes to Rio. I mostly only use CloudFlare.
Indeed, i had the same result. I have changed my system now over to the CISP DNS will give it a go for a few days.

stefan9

Executive Member
Finally got an installation date for Monday from frogfoot.
What needs to happen from my side after they finish on Monday?

Already have an asus ac5300 router so won't need to wait for a router.

Trust me it makes no difference in terms of that password as it can only be used on your line etc, i know that with Afrihost every support staff member has access to your clientzone by just clicking on a link and then they can see everything, including going into your emails hosted on their servers.
The real problem is that many people reuse passwords or have a naming scheme for passwords for different websites.
So having your account compromised on cool ideas could compromise accounts on other websites.

skinndeep

Expert Member
My area has TT connect installed. I really want to get Cool Ideas to be the ISP. Who do I speak to for the install? TT Connect or Cool ideas?

bokkies12345

[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION]

Not sure what I am missing here, but this is now the second time where I ask something and the ticket just get closed without any feedback.

Please change my current data only into a line and data combination and then give me an invoice for the outstanding amount, that is line part as I've only paid for my data only for this month.

If I first need to apply for the combination package and we change it from there, let me know.

Thanks

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION]

Not sure what I am missing here, but this is now the second time where I ask something and the ticket just get closed without any feedback.

Please change my current data only into a line and data combination and then give me an invoice for the outstanding amount, that is line part as I've only paid for my data only for this month.

If I first need to apply for the combination package and we change it from there, let me know.

Thanks
Can you give me the tickets that were just closed?

bokkies12345

Can you give me the tickets that were just closed?
See ticket #COOL-20180504-100091, It's all in the same ticket:

First when I asked:
02/06/2018 (11:02)

Cisp-Connect says that they can't take over the line because it hasn't been released by Crystal web.

However crystal Web says the line migration is still being processed by Telkom (ref 200477228A) and could take 2 - 7 days.

Please advise.
and then today:
13/06/2018 (12:30)

To finalize this, Please:

1) Change my service to a 40/20 data and line combination for openserve
2) New invoice for line which I still need to pay

Can cisp do this or do I simply apply for the combination service?

Thanks.

Phinix

Just spoke to your sales agent. Very impressed, knew their technical knowledge and answered all my question.
First impressions are very good.

stefan9

Executive Member
Finally got an installation date for Monday from frogfoot.
What needs to happen from my side after they finish on Monday?

Already have an asus ac5300 router so won't need to wait for a router.

[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] : Can you advise on my question above.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] : Can you advise on my question above.
Whoops sorry missed that, basically Frogfoot still need to configure the line once its installed, they then let us know once that is done and we issue you an account. We can try give you a test account but it's usually a waste of time.

stefan9

Executive Member
Whoops sorry missed that, basically Frogfoot still need to configure the line once its installed, they then let us know once that is done and we issue you an account. We can try give you a test account but it's usually a waste of time.
Thanx PB. Will see how it goes Monday. At least I know where to go if I get stuck.

Jordan_Za

Hi [MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION],

I did a bad thing, and deleted my BF1 folder, I'm trying to pull it down again through Origin, and the speeds aren't great. (20mbps)
I've tried forcing Origin to local Akamai in the config, and I got line speed for about 10mins, and now its hovering around 40-50Mbps.
I know EA in general are rubbish, but surely if it is using local Akamai I should get line speed?

Speed tests are 100s.

MTR:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.10.1 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| u5q-cust.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 |
| 154.0.4.125 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 2 |
| 154.0.4.5 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 10 |
| 154.0.4.53 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 11 |
| c35-backbone.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 11 |
| cu-backbone.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 12 | 11 |
| google.jinx.net.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 11 | 11 | 13 | 11 |
| 72.14.239.33 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 11 | 11 | 13 | 11 |
| google-public-dns-a.google.com - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 12 | 10

under_sky

Was referring to watching, thanks for letting me know.
Well i generally am able to watch twitch no matter what but yeah by changing the DNS it seems to help alot as it rather uses 5 hops vs 13 hops if i use the cloudflare DNS. CISP is the best there is otherwise go with them if you havent already i just hope they keep buying capacity as they grow and never sell out like A did.