Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan9

Executive Member
Still having my below par international speed issues...Still not heard from frogfoot regarding replacing the cpe...Been ongoing for 3 months now...

VoidZA

We don't block any ports and the ONT has nothing to do with the layer3. Which router are you using?
my router is a TPLink-WR840N. I have tried virtual server, port triggering and UPNP none of which created open ports

Loppas

my router is a TPLink-WR840N. I have tried virtual server, port triggering and UPNP none of which created open ports
On the tplink routers its the virtual server that you use to forward ports. When i tried to do port fowarding on mine (tplink archer c2), the online port checking tools reported that the forwarding wasn't working, but when i tested it with applications it worked fine. As a last resort you could try set your device as a DMZ and see if that works, ofc thats not an ideal setup.

Last edited:

VoidZA

On the tplink routers its the virtual server that you use to forward ports. When i tried to do port fowarding on mine (tplink archer c2), the online port checking tools reported that the forwarding wasn't working, but when i tested it with applications it worked fine. As a last resort you could try set your device as a DMZ and see if that works, ofc thats not an ideal setup.
What application did you use because at the moment I also test it online

Loppas

What application did you use because at the moment I also test it online
I meant testing any applications that use the port forwarding directly e.g. i hosted a dedicated server on quake 3 using my cisp connection on my pc, then i connected to that server on a different pc using a mobile internet connection to see that it was working.

WalkWithMe

@PBCool Can't do this, not even a week with Cool Ideas and lost count of outages. Maybe should just stop my cancellation of Web Africa. Open Serve Fibre up with Web Africa. Down on Cool Ideas
#COOL-20181018-161007

Last edited:

StoneCold

Expert Member
Yeah, just realized that I've lost connection to my CISP account on Openserve. My backup Vox account works fine. Any updates @PBCool?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Looks like some sort of OS failure, cant even reach our AMs on the phone.

Radioboy

#COOL-20181001-152464
#COOL-20180926-150573
#COOL-20181011-157868

Random disconnections (Fourways/SADV) still happening. Latest today 9:10am and also late last night.

I have been with CISP for less than three months and for about a month my connection has been crap. If I phone SADV they say I'm actually only a client of CISP and must log a ticket with CISP. If i phone CISP a new ticket is opened and Tayla thanks me for my "Patience and understanding". Multiple tickets, phonecalls, reaching out to PBCool and nothing significant has been done to try and solve the issue.

I'm done. If nothing has been done in 4 weeks - I doubt much will change going forward.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
#COOL-20181001-152464
#COOL-20180926-150573
#COOL-20181011-157868

Random disconnections (Fourways/SADV) still happening. Latest today 9:10am and also late last night.

I have been with CISP for less than three months and for about a month my connection has been crap. If I phone SADV they say I'm actually only a client of CISP and must log a ticket with CISP. If i phone CISP a new ticket is opened and Tayla thanks me for my "Patience and understanding". Multiple tickets, phonecalls, reaching out to PBCool and nothing significant has been done to try and solve the issue.

I'm done. If nothing has been done in 4 weeks - I doubt much will change going forward.
We are aware and have been chasing SADV daily.

David

Hi There, I believe this is resolved after Vumatel replaced your ONT?
Yup If they had only listen to me in the first place when I suggested an ONT replacement, it would not have taken 8 months to resolve. Anyhow once yours guys tested it and agreed with me, we basically told the Vuma subcontractor that he could leave only once the issue was resolved and not before. And so it was then sorted in about 30 minutes and about 16 phone calls to 8 different people in Vuma.

CoolIdeas Cool AGAIN back to 200Mbps line speed Woooohooo!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.