Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheRoDent

COOL-20181018-161418

I've had a test device (FrogFoots apparently) attached to my ONT for about a month now. Duwane came to install it. I have been trying to get feedback from Duwane for the past 3 weeks, and am not getting any joy. Getting slightly annoyed at service levels.

Please PM me your details, and Duwane will get our probe from Claremont to you tomorrow.
 
@PBCool I just signed up with you guys, and it worked wonderfully. My only problem is I go from my 20mbps to between 1 - 4Mbps when using PrivateVPN to US or UK. Why would that be? There were no issues on my ADSL line before.
 
@PBCool I opened ticket with same question but no response yet. How do I switch to the 1000/100 package from my current 200/200, I would like to check it out see what the fuss is about. Also it does not hurt that it is R20 cheaper per month than the 200/200.

Now the problem is that vumatel shop does not show the 1000/100 package, how do I switch to it and considering I already paid for 200/200 this month I assume the switch to the 1000/100 would not incur extra cost for March ?

You did read this?


"*The 1Gbps package offers 1000Mbps of local download and 100Mbps of international download speeds. The upload for both routes are 100Mbps "
 
You did read this?


"*The 1Gbps package offers 1000Mbps of local download and 100Mbps of international download speeds. The upload for both routes are 100Mbps "

Oh boy I did not see that. Nevermind that option then.

@PBCool you guys going to offer an actual 1000/100 , 1000/1000 thats not restricted to 1000 local only ? I am a bit surprised in that * about it being local only, there is other service providers with similar 1000/100 unshaped packages at under R2k a month so I did not even think cisp restricted it to local only.
 
@PBCool - posting something here because I don't seem to be getting a response from my ticket - now 48 hours old. [Ticket ID: COOL-20190304-228830]

Lousy international speeds and they seem to be getting worse. Trenched VUMA fibre in Auckland Park, Joburg - 100/100 CISP package. I am getting the 100/100 on local (Cool Ideas Speedtest), but not a fraction of that on anything international - see the below tests:

1551900282436.png

Streaming an international HD video is miserable when you are getting these download speeds.

From reading other posts - seems like this is packet loss somewhere - perhaps in my suburb, otherwise many others would be complaining of the same issue. But how do I go about getting something done?

Any help appreciated.
 
Oh boy I did not see that. Nevermind that option then.

@PBCool you guys going to offer an actual 1000/100 , 1000/1000 thats not restricted to 1000 local only ? I am a bit surprised in that * about it being local only, there is other service providers with similar 1000/100 unshaped packages at under R2k a month so I did not even think cisp restricted it to local only.

Go look at the packages properly of the "other options"

We have not launched this yet, and there is a lot of work to be done.

But let's be realistic, I'd have to charge you upward of R20k a month for a 1Gbps international service.
 
Oh boy I did not see that. Nevermind that option then.

@PBCool you guys going to offer an actual 1000/100 , 1000/1000 thats not restricted to 1000 local only ? I am a bit surprised in that * about it being local only, there is other service providers with similar 1000/100 unshaped packages at under R2k a month so I did not even think cisp restricted it to local only.

That is the same reason why I'm sticking with my 200/200 package for now.
 
@PBCool - posting something here because I don't seem to be getting a response from my ticket - now 48 hours old. [Ticket ID: COOL-20190304-228830]

Lousy international speeds and they seem to be getting worse. Trenched VUMA fibre in Auckland Park, Joburg - 100/100 CISP package. I am getting the 100/100 on local (Cool Ideas Speedtest), but not a fraction of that on anything international - see the below tests:

View attachment 628642

Streaming an international HD video is miserable when you are getting these download speeds.

From reading other posts - seems like this is packet loss somewhere - perhaps in my suburb, otherwise many others would be complaining of the same issue. But how do I go about getting something done?

Any help appreciated.

OS 100/50, PTA East

Screenshot from 2019-03-07 08-04-56.png
 
Go look at the packages properly of the "other options"

We have not launched this yet, and there is a lot of work to be done.

But let's be realistic, I'd have to charge you upward of R20k a month for a 1Gbps international service.

I agree it will cost more but 200/200 at R1500 then suggesting a 1000/100 or 1000/1000 should cost around R20k does not really add up with arithmetic. So I am open for realistic numbers or even a different approach to such a package perhaps some form of shaping would be in order on certain protocols that reduce things down to 200/200 that is the case with the other offerings who have it at <R2k.
 
Thanks @Slinetpixel . Not great results, but significantly better than mine - so maybe this is a Vuma/local thing?

Anyone else got feedback with international speeds? I would like to isolate the problem (ISP or fibre provider or maybe just me!). It can't be acceptable that I can't get consistent 40Mbps downloads for R1200+ per month. This isn't 2012.

Would be great if CISP could at least acknowledge me some time. Still nothing on my ticket - #COOL-20190304-228830
 
@PBCool - I'm trying to do a line upgrade and was told by your ticketing service that I need to process it on the Vuma Portal - this seems counter intuitive.

Regardless, I did this last week and when I followed up with you call centre was told that there is no upgrade request and I need to go through the (unnecessarily) lengthy process again. I complained and was told that a consultant will phone me.

No one phoned, but yesterday I received an email from Vuma with an Installation Order Confirmation - is this the correct process? Why is a new installation required for a line upgrade?

Ticket: COOL-20190301-227164

EDIT: UPDATE: Vuma says that I did not need to place a new order - they are cancelling the duplicate order and have provided me with a VT-OB-number to give to CISP. Very frustrating!
 
Last edited:
@PBCool - I'm trying to do a line upgrade and was told by your ticketing service that I need to process it on the Vuma Portal - this seems counter intuitive.

Regardless, I did this last week and when I followed up with you call centre was told that there is no upgrade request and I need to go through the (unnecessarily) lengthy process again. I complained and was told that a consultant will phone me.

No one phoned, but yesterday I received an email from Vuma with an Installation Order Confirmation - is this the correct process? Why is a new installation required for a line upgrade?

Ticket: COOL-20190301-227164

EDIT: UPDATE: Vuma says that I did not need to place a new order - they are cancelling the duplicate order and have provided me with a VT-OB-number to give to CISP. Very frustrating!
Ill investigate for you, if you are on trenched it's just a process of logging into the Vumatel portal and ordering the new package. We can manually do this for you as well. It is a bit counter intuitive but this is the way the Vumatel portal works.
 
I agree it will cost more but 200/200 at R1500 then suggesting a 1000/100 or 1000/1000 should cost around R20k does not really add up with arithmetic. So I am open for realistic numbers or even a different approach to such a package perhaps some form of shaping would be in order on certain protocols that reduce things down to 200/200 that is the case with the other offerings who have it at <R2k.

That is the basic idea yes, provide 1Gbps locally and a lower international portion to make it competitive.
 
Thanks @Slinetpixel . Not great results, but significantly better than mine - so maybe this is a Vuma/local thing?

Anyone else got feedback with international speeds? I would like to isolate the problem (ISP or fibre provider or maybe just me!). It can't be acceptable that I can't get consistent 40Mbps downloads for R1200+ per month. This isn't 2012.

Would be great if CISP could at least acknowledge me some time. Still nothing on my ticket - #COOL-20190304-228830
We are investigating all cases, it is just difficult with the amount of requests like this we get. We should have more devices to go out soon enough for further troubleshooting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X