Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think 1Gbps is live yet for Cool Ideas on the portal. However does your vumatel shop on your account actually show a package attached? Mine doesnt for some reason and when I look at packages its like a new order instead of an activation of another package... waiting on a ticket reply to see what the issue is... for a full 25 hours now with no reply.

Yep I had package attached since day one and it adjusted at the time when I upgraded also.
 
Octotel maintenance cannot come soon enough....

8089874884.png
 
West Beach 100/100 Octotel .
Seeing consistent 2.5 % packet loss when doing iperf test to lnms.cisp.co.za
iperf3 --verbose --port 17001 -c lnms.cisp.co.za --bandwidth 80M -l 1400 --omit 2 -R -u
iperf 3.0.12
Linux roxy1 2.6.32-754.9.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 6 08:02:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Time: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 18:51:51 GMT
Connecting to host lnms.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host lnms.cisp.co.za is sending
..
...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Test Complete. Summary Results:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 96.0 MBytes 80.5 Mbits/sec 0.087 ms 1819/71600 (2.5%)
[ 4] Sent 71600 datagrams
[SUM] 0.0-10.0 sec 25 datagrams received out-of-order
CPU Utilization: local/receiver 9.0% (1.0%u/8.0%s), remote/sender 2.9% (0.1%u/2.8%s)

iperf Done.

***********


iperf3 --verbose --port 17001 -c lnms.cisp.co.za --bandwidth 30M -l 1400 --omit 2 -R -u
iperf 3.0.12
Linux roxy1 2.6.32-754.9.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 6 08:02:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Time: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:05:47 GMT
Connecting to host lnms.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host lnms.cisp.co.za is sending
...
...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Test Complete. Summary Results:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 36.0 MBytes 30.2 Mbits/sec 0.322 ms 605/26847 (2.3%)
[ 4] Sent 26847 datagrams
CPU Utilization: local/receiver 5.2% (0.8%u/4.5%s), remote/sender 0.1% (0.0%u/0.1%s)

iperf Done.

1551813099442.png
 

Attachments

  • 1551813022226.png
    1551813022226.png
    21 KB · Views: 25
What's your iperf looking like. TheRoDent has the "Blackbox" installed at my place and is looking at it over the next few days. @image132

Connecting to host trcvmh01.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host trcvmh01.cisp.co.za is sending
Cookie: Strix.1551815414.957257.4c85c2f42324
[ 4] local 192.168.1.247 port 50729 connected to 154.0.15.181 port 17001
Starting Test: protocol: UDP, 1 streams, 1400 byte blocks, omitting 2 seconds, 10 second test
iperf3: OUT OF ORDER - incoming packet = 303 and received packet = 308 AND SP = 4
iperf3: OUT OF ORDER - incoming packet = 304 and received packet = 308 AND SP = 4
iperf3: OUT OF ORDER - incoming packet = 305 and received packet = 310 AND SP = 4
iperf3: OUT OF ORDER - incoming packet = 306 and received packet = 311 AND SP = 4
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-1.00 sec 2.48 MBytes 20.8 Mbits/sec 0.239 ms 4/1856 (0.22%) (omitted)
[ 4] 1.00-2.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.123 ms 0/1785 (0%) (omitted)
[ 4] 0.00-1.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.158 ms 0/1786 (0%)
[ 4] 1.00-2.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.174 ms 0/1786 (0%)
[ 4] 2.00-3.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.331 ms 0/1786 (0%)
[ 4] 3.00-4.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.140 ms 0/1786 (0%)
[ 4] 4.00-5.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.124 ms 0/1784 (0%)
iperf3: OUT OF ORDER - incoming packet = 13128 and received packet = 13131 AND SP = 4
iperf3: OUT OF ORDER - incoming packet = 13129 and received packet = 13131 AND SP = 4
[ 4] 5.00-6.00 sec 2.39 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.124 ms 2/1788 (0.11%)
[ 4] 6.00-7.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.128 ms 0/1783 (0%)
[ 4] 7.00-8.00 sec 2.39 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.132 ms 1/1789 (0.056%)
[ 4] 8.00-9.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.137 ms 0/1784 (0%)
[ 4] 9.00-10.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.152 ms 0/1785 (0%)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Test Complete. Summary Results:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 23.9 MBytes 20.1 Mbits/sec 0.139 ms 3/17859 (0.017%)
[ 4] Sent 17859 datagrams
[SUM] 0.0-10.0 sec 2 datagrams received out-of-order
CPU Utilization: local/receiver 7.2% (3.9%u/3.4%s), remote/sender 1.7% (0.2%u/1.5%s)

iperf Done.

Night and day better! Its dropped from solid 3% (saw it hit 10% at one point) every night to like 0.5 at worst. I still have no idea what they changed, they never informed me or rodent. It was just gone one day.

Sadly it doesn't seem to have helped with twitch. Tonight for instance I'm unable to watch it at all, proxy or not.
 
This is where OpenServe is going to be left behind in the future.
Vumatel 1000/100 = R1499
Vumatel 200/200 = R1519
Openserve 200/100 = R2409

I mean, really. That just isn't even funny.

UPDATE: I do see however, Supersonic has it for R1749... Still way more expensive than the vumatel option.
 
@TheRoDent

COOL-20181018-161418

I've had a test device (FrogFoots apparently) attached to my ONT for about a month now. Duwane came to install it. I have been trying to get feedback from Duwane for the past 3 weeks, and am not getting any joy. Getting slightly annoyed at service levels.

They installed an MEF test device and I've seen the report, they claim no loss. Sorry I was part of the conversation for a while, but it has stalled.
 
Any update on the JHB side proxy as of yet? Sorry to be a pain about it. My ticket was logged with MFN yesterday but not expecting much also besides line stats are fine. Packetloss remains sometimes being ok and othertimes not.

Sorry, just spun up a new machine for that now, and it's done.

JHB proxy is live, stuprx01.cisp.co.za port 3128.
 
No i mean the cable itself has been live for a while now - they didn't switch it off coz CISP doesnt make use of it.... ;-)

I actually meant it as joke - that the "actual" cable is still live, but i know what the guy meant ! :-D

...note to self ...... - "stop trying to make jokes that no one gets . . . . ."

The cable is live, but we cannot get our own Layer2 direct connection to Fortaleza until their datacentre goes live, so we tried it through Angola Cables (A transit provider).

Multihoming a network is a complicated thing and Angola Cables just couldn't stop announcing us to Europe via the longest path possible (EU, USA, Angola) which caused us endless latency complaints.

So we made the call to drop the transit via them until we can control our own announcements in the USA and control things properly.
 
Sadly it doesn't seem to have helped with twitch. Tonight for instance I'm unable to watch it at all, proxy or not.

I don't have anywhere near the packet loss you have (or had) but have never been able to stream twitch. VODs / clips have recently become a lot better, though they still buffer from time to time. But actually streaming is a complete no go since I've been with CISP - I don't recall having the same problems on VOX back on VDSL.
 
They installed an MEF test device and I've seen the report, they claim no loss. Sorry I was part of the conversation for a while, but it has stalled.

So where to from here? FrogFoot say the problem isn't on their side ... you say it isn't on yours - and I'm still not getting (in my opinion) the speeds I should be getting.

I find it fairly frustrating that your modus operandi for support in my case seems to be (again, from my perspective) ignore it, and hope the problem will go away.
 
trying to find out the process of getting on the new 1gbps service.
Selected existing Customer, held for 5mins as 2nd in queue, got through to someone and they put me into another queue, here I was 9th with an estimated wait of 12mins. 5mins later, I got to 6 and the line dropped me...

Has everyone given up on using tickets and now they only use the phones?
 
trying to find out the process of getting on the new 1gbps service.
Selected existing Customer, held for 5mins as 2nd in queue, got through to someone and they put me into another queue, here I was 9th with an estimated wait of 12mins. 5mins later, I got to 6 and the line dropped me...

Has everyone given up on using tickets and now they only use the phones?
Unfortunately there is a delay on the trenched Vumatel network, on aerial it shouldnt be an issue. Sorry for the run around. I will update on Vumatels progress shortly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X