Im in Kuils River and its workingAnyone else experiencing outages in Brackenfell, Northern Suburbs?
Vumatel trenched. Solid blue light on the CPE
@PBCool @TheRoDent
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Im in Kuils River and its workingAnyone else experiencing outages in Brackenfell, Northern Suburbs?
Vumatel trenched. Solid blue light on the CPE
@PBCool @TheRoDent
Anyone else experiencing outages in Brackenfell, Northern Suburbs?
Vumatel trenched. Solid blue light on the CPE
@PBCool @TheRoDent
[/URL]I dont think 1Gbps is live yet for Cool Ideas on the portal. However does your vumatel shop on your account actually show a package attached? Mine doesnt for some reason and when I look at packages its like a new order instead of an activation of another package... waiting on a ticket reply to see what the issue is... for a full 25 hours now with no reply.
That cable has been live for a while bru
iperf3 --verbose --port 17001 -c lnms.cisp.co.za --bandwidth 80M -l 1400 --omit 2 -R -u
iperf 3.0.12
Linux roxy1 2.6.32-754.9.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 6 08:02:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Time: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 18:51:51 GMT
Connecting to host lnms.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host lnms.cisp.co.za is sending
..
...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Test Complete. Summary Results:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 96.0 MBytes 80.5 Mbits/sec 0.087 ms 1819/71600 (2.5%)
[ 4] Sent 71600 datagrams
[SUM] 0.0-10.0 sec 25 datagrams received out-of-order
CPU Utilization: local/receiver 9.0% (1.0%u/8.0%s), remote/sender 2.9% (0.1%u/2.8%s)
iperf Done.
***********
iperf3 --verbose --port 17001 -c lnms.cisp.co.za --bandwidth 30M -l 1400 --omit 2 -R -u
iperf 3.0.12
Linux roxy1 2.6.32-754.9.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 6 08:02:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Time: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:05:47 GMT
Connecting to host lnms.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host lnms.cisp.co.za is sending
...
...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Test Complete. Summary Results:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 36.0 MBytes 30.2 Mbits/sec 0.322 ms 605/26847 (2.3%)
[ 4] Sent 26847 datagrams
CPU Utilization: local/receiver 5.2% (0.8%u/4.5%s), remote/sender 0.1% (0.0%u/0.1%s)
iperf Done.

What's your iperf looking like. TheRoDent has the "Blackbox" installed at my place and is looking at it over the next few days. @image132
@TheRoDent
COOL-20181018-161418
I've had a test device (FrogFoots apparently) attached to my ONT for about a month now. Duwane came to install it. I have been trying to get feedback from Duwane for the past 3 weeks, and am not getting any joy. Getting slightly annoyed at service levels.
Any update on the JHB side proxy as of yet? Sorry to be a pain about it. My ticket was logged with MFN yesterday but not expecting much also besides line stats are fine. Packetloss remains sometimes being ok and othertimes not.
No i mean the cable itself has been live for a while now - they didn't switch it off coz CISP doesnt make use of it.... ;-)
I actually meant it as joke - that the "actual" cable is still live, but i know what the guy meant ! :-D
...note to self ...... - "stop trying to make jokes that no one gets . . . . ."
Sadly it doesn't seem to have helped with twitch. Tonight for instance I'm unable to watch it at all, proxy or not.
They installed an MEF test device and I've seen the report, they claim no loss. Sorry I was part of the conversation for a while, but it has stalled.
Unfortunately there is a delay on the trenched Vumatel network, on aerial it shouldnt be an issue. Sorry for the run around. I will update on Vumatels progress shortly.trying to find out the process of getting on the new 1gbps service.
Selected existing Customer, held for 5mins as 2nd in queue, got through to someone and they put me into another queue, here I was 9th with an estimated wait of 12mins. 5mins later, I got to 6 and the line dropped me...
Has everyone given up on using tickets and now they only use the phones?
Where about in Brackenfell? I am in Morgenster.Thanks. Must be an issue on my side. Coming over with a LAN cable now
Where about in Brackenfell? I am in Morgenster.