Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are a lot of people who are struggling, but I wanted people to see what is possible when the stars align.. seems I’m in a good trenched Vumatel line in Morningside, Durban, with Cool ideas as the ISP. Their accounts department of email support may leave something to be desired, but credit where credit is due... 100/100 line... and that’s just from my TV...

64e9a600ae75010cb2faf68fd1fc64e4.jpg
 
+1 to Rhino, screen shot below is Vuma PON/Aerial.
Things work, and people tend to only complain when they don't. which on Vuma Aerial can be a bit much in my opinion. But I guess it is human nature to completely forget the 2weeks at a time that ADSL would be offline....

CI_durban_16032019.PNG
 
Hi guys can someone please help me understand this, I bought an inverter. It runs all the things I need. Anyways load shedding hits and everything works fine but after 20 minutes my fibre internet stops working, the csp and modem still has power but the internet light on my modem goes red and I don’t have internet. I don’t understand how to correct this, is it my isp cool ideas ?is it vuma? Please assist if possible thanks !
 
Hi guys can someone please help me understand this, I bought an inverter. It runs all the things I need. Anyways load shedding hits and everything works fine but after 20 minutes my fibre internet stops working, the csp and modem still has power but the internet light on my modem goes red and I don’t have internet. I don’t understand how to correct this, is it my isp cool ideas ?is it vuma? Please assist if possible thanks !
More than likely Vumatel not having sufficient backup power for your area. I'm on Octotel and it stays on the whole time during loadshedding.
 
More than likely Vumatel not having sufficient backup power for your area. I'm on Octotel and it stays on the whole time during loadshedding.

Man this really sucks lol one of the main reasons I spent money on the inverter was so that I could have internet during stage 4
 
Man this really sucks lol one of the main reasons I spent money on the inverter was so that I could have internet during stage 4
The setup that Vuamtel uses for their network just has that flaw, no power to the cabinet then nothing down the line. In certain areas they seem to have generators or in line inverters. Problem with the type of ups they use is its a deep cycle so that require lots of time afterwards to charge fully. When loadshedding keeps hitting them it becomes a issue.
 
Man this really sucks lol one of the main reasons I spent money on the inverter was so that I could have internet during stage 4
My Vumatel line stays up during load shedding so, like Tinuva said, you need to report it, so Vumatel can fix your area. I had a similar problem and they fixed our area after I asked Cool Ideas to report it..
 
Is anyone else having problems on the Octotel network? My line has been down twice this morning in Kenilworth.
Only once this morning. For 5min. I wonder if they changing things during the school holiday period.
 
Last edited:
@PBCool and @TheRoDent. Can the cool ideas proxy only be accessed if you are on the cool ideas network. I am asking as i want to keep in enabled on my laptop always and it has a mobile connection for when i am out and about.
 
@PBCool and @TheRoDent. Can the cool ideas proxy only be accessed if you are on the cool ideas network. I am asking as i want to keep in enabled on my laptop always and it has a mobile connection for when i am out and about.

Sorry, on the CISP network only, otherwise it will be open to all kinds of abuse. Maybe consider using something like "NetSetMan" to manage connections and their respective settings?
 
Sorry, on the CISP network only, otherwise it will be open to all kinds of abuse. Maybe consider using something like "NetSetMan" to manage connections and their respective settings?

@TheRoDent, when will the routing issue be resolved regarding the higher latency to London?
 
Having some major issues on Octotel, CPT Kenilworth area this morning. This is usually > 100mbps:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X