Looney
Executive Member
Have you tried manually using DNS 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1?
I am, it’s configured in the router.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Have you tried manually using DNS 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1?
OK, as you were.I am, it’s configured in the router.
This is strange so will have a look.
Have you tried the proxy? Logged a ticket?
View attachment 633020
What is this??? 2 weeks now and running...Openserve Durban
View attachment 633024
@PBCool
#COOL-20190311-235211
You have asked me to do the iperf tests, which I did, and I logged the ticket as per your request and for your attention. I received the following email from someone at your support centre. I do not like to complain, but what is the point of troubleshooting if this is the answer I receive. There is no indication on this email that anyone will attend to the issue or that they are investigating. This is a copy and paste answer.
"Please be advised that speeds are not guaranteed internationally due to us not controlling the path your connection takes after leaving South African borders.
Please also note that if these are free streaming sites that their servers get over populated and can also affect your performance when streaming."
Nowhere in the ticket that I have logged did I mention what sites I am streaming or which services I use. I only attached the iperf results.
We here on MyBB are very greatful to you and @TheRoDent for your willingness to always go the extra mile and for your personal involvement, but I think your support staff are causing damage to your company.
The ping will vary depending on which cable system we are using at that time, this is more Seacom latency. It will go back to the lower latency soon enough.
So any ISP going via Seacom from JHB is around 190ms to london?
Asking because I see Cybersmart is the same and seems like they too using seacom cable.
It's on the east coast, so a longer distance to get to London. Try a ping to Mumbai - it should be lower if you're routing via Seacom.What is the reason for this higher latency on Seacom?
It's on the east coast, so a longer distance to get to London. Try a ping to Mumbai - it should be lower if you're routing via Seacom.
It's on the east coast, so a longer distance to get to London. Try a ping to Mumbai - it should be lower if you're routing via Seacom.
View attachment 633020
What is this??? 2 weeks now and running...Openserve Durban
View attachment 633024