Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried the proxy? Logged a ticket?

Honestly, while I appreciate the proxy, it's pretty inconvenient. I don't want to have it enabled permanently and when I browse some twitch clips I usually forget about it until the constant buffering annoys me enough to remember.
 
View attachment 633020

What is this??? 2 weeks now and running...Openserve Durban

View attachment 633024

That doesn't seem right. I'm in Westville, Durban too. Openserve/CellC and it works fine. I'm sure you tried rebooting router... Maybe try a test account if you have one, otherwise log a ticket or call coolideas. The forum only gets checked every now and then.
 
@PBCool

#COOL-20190311-235211

You have asked me to do the iperf tests, which I did, and I logged the ticket as per your request and for your attention. I received the following email from someone at your support centre. I do not like to complain, but what is the point of troubleshooting if this is the answer I receive. There is no indication on this email that anyone will attend to the issue or that they are investigating. This is a copy and paste answer.

"Please be advised that speeds are not guaranteed internationally due to us not controlling the path your connection takes after leaving South African borders.

Please also note that if these are free streaming sites that their servers get over populated and can also affect your performance when streaming."

Nowhere in the ticket that I have logged did I mention what sites I am streaming or which services I use. I only attached the iperf results.

We here on MyBB are very greatful to you and @TheRoDent for your willingness to always go the extra mile and for your personal involvement, but I think your support staff are causing damage to your company.
 
Last edited:
@PBCool @TheRoDent When will my ticket be resolved. It has been a month since the last reply and the ticket has been open since july 2018...

#COOL-20180711-122832

Fix this, it can't take this long to fix my issue...
 
@PBCool

#COOL-20190311-235211

You have asked me to do the iperf tests, which I did, and I logged the ticket as per your request and for your attention. I received the following email from someone at your support centre. I do not like to complain, but what is the point of troubleshooting if this is the answer I receive. There is no indication on this email that anyone will attend to the issue or that they are investigating. This is a copy and paste answer.

"Please be advised that speeds are not guaranteed internationally due to us not controlling the path your connection takes after leaving South African borders.

Please also note that if these are free streaming sites that their servers get over populated and can also affect your performance when streaming."

Nowhere in the ticket that I have logged did I mention what sites I am streaming or which services I use. I only attached the iperf results.

We here on MyBB are very greatful to you and @TheRoDent for your willingness to always go the extra mile and for your personal involvement, but I think your support staff are causing damage to your company.

I've asked one of the team leads to log it with Octotel.
 
The ping will vary depending on which cable system we are using at that time, this is more Seacom latency. It will go back to the lower latency soon enough.

So any ISP going via Seacom from JHB is around 190ms to london?

Asking because I see Cybersmart is the same and seems like they too using seacom cable.
 
Same issue here. 200/200 running via Vumatel. International traffic is slow and laggy. Even youtube buffers. Average ping to EU also up with about 25ms. What is the cause? I switched between dns providers. Reset router. No avail. Assistance would be appreciated.
 
@TheRoDent - if you happen to be online

Frogfoot 100/100 - Pinelands Cape Town; No connection after loadshedding; Trying a direct windows connection (bypass router) - "The modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error).

All lights on black box Green - 4th led flickering...


Edit - On the router (Mikro RB2011), when I change the Service name to 'frgofoot_ftth' and the AC Name to 'TERRAR3.coolideas' it at least authenticates but at zero speed....

Edit 2 - When I connect the PC directly (bypassing the router) it connects without any issues....so must be something in the router setup...can't figure why it would just suddenly stop working though

Edit 3 - Bugger and blast! Everything just started working again normally through the router - Mikro reports Service name as 'frgofoot_ftth' and AC Name as 'TERRAR3.coolideas' but working at normal speed.

No idea what went wrong...

I hate loadshedding....
 
Last edited:
It's on the east coast, so a longer distance to get to London. Try a ping to Mumbai - it should be lower if you're routing via Seacom.

Also saw like 56ms to Liquid Telecoms speedtest server in Nairobi Kenya which is where seacom lands too. Very nice. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X