Status
Not open for further replies.
@PBCool I moved to your company from another ISP and was asked to send the B number once it's cancelled. I did this yesterday afternoon and got no replyor anything. When I tried phoning I got an outside of business hours reply, which wasn't the case according to your website. Anyway, my problem is I have no internet and need it sorted ASAP. What is my next step to help this along as speedy as possible?
TIA
 
I just had my Cool Ideas fibre activated yesterday, 100/25 uncapped. So far so good, but I just have a quick question... where do I see how much data I've used?
I've come over from AH and am very used to the AH Client Zone.
They dont show data, party i think due to the admin involved in such for the site but also so that people dont try set records to prove it etc. Get a USG etc to track usage if you after that
 
It's fast again, hooray and thanks.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 10.30.14.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 10.30.14.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 36
If you have an IP, or hostname that would help.

First off, just want to say thanks for all of the effort you guys are putting in to work out the issues we've been running into occasionally, much appreciated! :)

As for the Twitch VOD buffering issues, it seems to be intermittent, almost like the cloudfront servers cannot keep the buffer full, but it seems works fine for a few minutes at a time, and then goes back to not being able to fill the buffer.

Here is one example:

1551520519749.png

1551520528466.png

Edit: Strangely enough, today VODs seem to be buffering regardless of using the proxy or not. But last night it helped tremendously.

Anyway, it's not a very serious issue since it's a VOD and not live video.
 
Last edited:
Just a quick question, if anyone is able to assist. I'm on the Vumatel portal looking for the 10/2 Cool Ideas package, but I don't see it there, so I call the CISP call centre and they tell me they don't know why it's not there, I should just sign up for the more expensive package... :rolleyes:

Very annoyed, as both the low price and the allegedly better trained staff are why I decided to leave Afrihost. The 10/2 package is still very much being advertised on your website, what's going on?

Thanks.
 
Just a quick question, if anyone is able to assist. I'm on the Vumatel portal looking for the 10/2 Cool Ideas package, but I don't see it there, so I call the CISP call centre and they tell me they don't know why it's not there, I should just sign up for the more expensive package... :rolleyes:

Very annoyed, as both the low price and the allegedly better trained staff are why I decided to leave Afrihost. The 10/2 package is still very much being advertised on your website, what's going on?

Thanks.
Oh yeah it hasnt been there for some time i think
 
Yup. Southern Suburbs. International has tanked:

8081858284.png


Even though I have 0% packet loss:

Connecting to host trcvmh01.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host trcvmh01.cisp.co.za is sending
Cookie: Strix.1551531715.243465.5cc8af0f3e5c
[ 4] local 192.168.1.247 port 49496 connected to 154.0.15.181 port 17001
Starting Test: protocol: UDP, 1 streams, 1400 byte blocks, omitting 2 seconds, 10 second test
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-1.00 sec 2.48 MBytes 20.8 Mbits/sec 0.075 ms 0/1861 (0%) (omitted)
[ 4] 1.00-2.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.063 ms 0/1785 (0%) (omitted)
[ 4] 0.00-1.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.084 ms 0/1786 (0%)
[ 4] 1.00-2.00 sec 2.39 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.068 ms 0/1788 (0%)
[ 4] 2.00-3.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.126 ms 0/1785 (0%)
[ 4] 3.00-4.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.079 ms 0/1784 (0%)
[ 4] 4.00-5.00 sec 2.39 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.062 ms 0/1788 (0%)
[ 4] 5.00-6.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.076 ms 0/1784 (0%)
[ 4] 6.00-7.00 sec 2.39 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.063 ms 0/1787 (0%)
[ 4] 7.00-8.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.046 ms 0/1784 (0%)
[ 4] 8.00-9.00 sec 2.39 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.053 ms 0/1787 (0%)
[ 4] 9.00-10.00 sec 2.38 MBytes 20.0 Mbits/sec 0.070 ms 0/1784 (0%)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Test Complete. Summary Results:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 23.9 MBytes 20.1 Mbits/sec 0.067 ms 0/17858 (0%)
[ 4] Sent 17858 datagrams
CPU Utilization: local/receiver 6.6% (3.4%u/3.2%s), remote/sender 0.2% (0.0%u/0.1%s)

iperf Done.

Something might have broke.

*EDIT looks better now.
 
Last edited:
Vuma Aerial Morningside Sandton PPOE just died no connection at all anyone else having issues
 
I’m in Sandown, 0 connection either.

From the CISP noticeboard wondering if this affects Morningside as well

Sandown
Vumatel have confirmed a fibre break, affecting those in Sandown

Vumatel technicians are en-route to investigate

Currently no ETR
Saturday, March 2 2019
 
@TheRoDent Twitch has been perfect tonight.

2nd 929PM.jpg
This is without the proxy.

I can't ask for better throughput. Perfectly flat. :thumbsup:

Are you using Cogent again?

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| router.asus.com - 0 | 18 | 18 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 154.0.0.245 - 0 | 18 | 18 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| 154.0.4.161 - 0 | 18 | 18 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| 154.0.4.158 - 0 | 18 | 18 | 140 | 146 | 249 | 249 |
|te0-1-0-7-4.1200.ccr21.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com - 0 | 18 | 18 | 140 | 146 | 250 | 250 |
|be2338.rcr21.b015534-1.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com - 0 | 18 | 18 | 141 | 147 | 253 | 253 |
| Destination network unreachable. - 100 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
 
Last edited:
@TheRoDent Twitch has been perfect tonight.

View attachment 626808
This is without the proxy.

I can't ask for better throughput. Perfectly flat.

Are you using Cogent again?

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| router.asus.com - 0 | 18 | 18 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 154.0.0.245 - 0 | 18 | 18 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| 154.0.4.161 - 0 | 18 | 18 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 |
| 154.0.4.158 - 0 | 18 | 18 | 140 | 146 | 249 | 249 |
|te0-1-0-7-4.1200.ccr21.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com - 0 | 18 | 18 | 140 | 146 | 250 | 250 |
|be2338.rcr21.b015534-1.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com - 0 | 18 | 18 | 141 | 147 | 253 | 253 |
| Destination network unreachable. - 100 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
Agreed, Been watching since early evening IEM CS Major with zero issues, that said I rarely have any issues
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X