Status
Not open for further replies.
Based in PTA connecting to the Lukasrand Telkom tower.

Well, I would not say mine is that bad, I can watch any stream at 720p/60 it will be mostly fine. But eventually it will buffer and it seems like the whole system falls out of sync and if it starts buffering it will not stop. Network usage is very erratic and nothing like my friends network usage which would be very consistent and the stream would load instantly and would feel responsive. I have maybe thought that it is due to insufficient international bandwidth or bad single threaded download performance. This is also not the case as I asked a friend in PTA East on Frogfoot 50/50 with Afrihost to do the same single threaded speedtest to Coreix, London as I have also posted. Mine scored 3.6Mbps where his was just under 2Mbps. Whats ironic is that he has absolutely no twitch issues. Almost every single threaded international speedtest he does I will beat him with download speed. I have spoken to Level 7 today and the gentleman that helped me said he can see the same problem from the main office he is working at.

The fact that I can watch Twitch on my CellC data, on Axxess, WebAfrica, and even MWEB tells me it is certainly possible for other ISP's. @cavedog that is/was using Cybersmart that also mainly uses Seacom for international just like Level-7 ,reported that Twitch had no problem.

A360 cloud, Supersonic, Vox, Cybersmart run twitch flawlessly. Axxess and Afrihost on the same 200/100Mbps Openserve fibre line refuses to stream twitch without buffering even though speedtests are fine. I more than happy provide comparative results from Supersonic, Cybersmart or Vox if anyone needs just let me know.
 
@TheRoDent @PBCool

#COOL-20181018-161418

This ticket has been open for longer than 5 months now. I've had FrogFoot's device hooked up to the ONT with them saying there is nothing wrong with the line - apparently you have seen this report.

I've sent iperfs / mtr's / speedtest results whenever asked, normally within a few minutes of being asked.

Your probe was hooked up for two weeks (until last week Thursday - because I could no longer connect to Xbox Live while it was connected - and after I let Duwane know of the issue, and asked him to let me know how I could fix it I haven't heard anything from him. (Sent him a mail now, apparently he is out of the office until the 9th of January - I guess he forgot to update the date since he last went on leave).

I spam poor Duwane once a week for feedback, and he normally promises to get some feedback for me - and then... crickets.

As a customer, I don't feel it's my job to be chasing you guys to get some service. I would really appreciate (and by the sounds of it on this forum - I'm not the only customer of yours that feels this way) some proactive feedback from CISP.

Please man, I really am tired of this. Just tell me if 200/200 is not going to work on the CISP / FrogFoot combination. If 50/50 is going to work better for my use case, tell me and I will downgrade. If you don't see this being resolved, then just tell me. I'd rather know than not - at least then I can make some decisions.
 
They literally just a minute ago fixed something, its not all sorted skype is still not connecting but at least getting better results now as in usable not great at all but usable.

8138866990.png
Openserve 100/50 ... rock solid... more expensive.... but i see now why... just wish my latency was better...

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4801100020
 
Openserve 100/50 ... rock solid... more expensive.... but i see now why... just wish my latency was better...

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4801100020

You are going through entirely different routing on openserve. When openserve have issues vumatel wont. All I really want to know is why there is no response or what is being done to take care of the issues popping up today.

I am perfectly happy with CISP and vumatel, I won't even say openserve cost more thus gives you better results simply because the issue today is more rare than anything.

That said the connection is slowing recovering i just dont like stuff being fixed without a single bit of feedback about the issue.

8138947443.png
 
Nope nevermind, CISP is all over the place internationally today and we are not getting any response to this which is just pissing me off right now.

There is simply no fking chance in hell that you guys are not aware of this as I could see momentary improvement and then complete shitshow few minutes later.
 
@PBCool @TheRoDent Please respond to this issue. Its a useless nightmare to deal with this but what really makes it unacceptable is that neither of you is apparently either aware of these issues or taking any time to respond that you are aware of the problem and dealing with it.

8138999443.png
 
1553532893731.png
You've got to be kidding me, spiking to 40%, even after switching to South Africa.
1553532969248.png
Spikes to 80%.
 
Yup, cant even do speedtests just getting "latency too high cant start speedtest"

Never seen the entire network this useless in 2 years and the Silence on the issue is straight up pissing me off now.

Something is going completely batshit crazy at uwu-cust.coolideas.co.za is the only guess I can make right now without any of CISP responding here.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 36 | 36 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 155.93.248.1 - 0 | 36 | 36 | 2 | 8 | 82 | 2 |
| c3h-backbone.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 36 | 36 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 |
| cd-backbone.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 36 | 36 | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 |
| uwu-cust.coolideas.co.za - 46 | 11 | 6 | 140 | 140 | 141 | 140 |
| u102-cust.coolideas.co.za - 46 | 11 | 6 | 140 | 140 | 141 | 141 |
| 40ge1-3.core1.lon2.he.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 141 | 141 | 142 | 142 |
| 100ge13-2.core1.nyc4.he.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 209 | 209 | 209 | 209 |
|firstlight-fiber.10gigabitethernet7-3.core1.nyc4.he.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 209 | 209 | 209 | 209 |
| be21.albnypscr1.ip.firstlight.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 212 | 212 | 213 | 213 |
| be1.albynypser2.ip.firstlight.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 213 | 213 | 213 | 213 |
| xe-2-3-0.edge2.ny01.as40244.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 214 | 237 | 243 | 243 |
| xe.sbc1.ny01.as40244.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 224 | 236 | 271 | 224 |
| xe-1-0-1.core107.ny01.as40244.net - 46 | 11 | 6 | 216 | 216 | 217 | 217 |
| x.x.x.x - 46 | 11 | 6 | 214 | 214 | 214 | 214 |
 
Moved to sending voice notes back and forth on Telegram, but takes over a minute to upload 440KB on a 100/100Mbps line...
 
@PBCool , up until today there has been nothing but silence from CISP on the topic... after seeing the package being advertised in the Vumatel site and making contact with your customer services agent, I was informed today by her that the 1Gbps package is available but only to Vumatel trenched customers at the moment.
By when will the service be offered for Vumatel Aerial customers?
 
And we are back to PL every other second...
Code:
iperf3 -R -u -b 80M -p 17001 -c cptspeedtest.cisp.co.za --omit 2
Connecting to host cptspeedtest.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host cptspeedtest.cisp.co.za is sending
[  4] local 192.168.0.2 port 63717 connected to 154.0.15.181 port 17001
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Jitter    Lost/Total Datagrams
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  8.58 MBytes  71.8 Mbits/sec  0.896 ms  27/1125 (2.4%)  (omitted)
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  8.88 MBytes  74.5 Mbits/sec  0.661 ms  213/1349 (16%)  (omitted)
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  8.52 MBytes  71.4 Mbits/sec  0.654 ms  1/1092 (0.092%)
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  8.82 MBytes  74.0 Mbits/sec  0.682 ms  215/1344 (16%)
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec  8.55 MBytes  71.7 Mbits/sec  0.794 ms  3/1097 (0.27%)
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  8.95 MBytes  75.0 Mbits/sec  0.953 ms  215/1360 (16%)
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec  8.45 MBytes  70.8 Mbits/sec  0.988 ms  1/1082 (0.092%)
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec  8.98 MBytes  75.4 Mbits/sec  0.820 ms  210/1360 (15%)
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  8.44 MBytes  70.8 Mbits/sec  1.037 ms  0/1080 (0%)
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec  8.84 MBytes  74.1 Mbits/sec  0.630 ms  212/1343 (16%)
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec  8.50 MBytes  71.2 Mbits/sec  0.786 ms  12/1100 (1.1%)
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec  9.04 MBytes  75.9 Mbits/sec  1.081 ms  209/1366 (15%)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Jitter    Lost/Total Datagrams
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  95.9 MBytes  80.5 Mbits/sec  0.925 ms  1078/12243 (8.8%)
[  4] Sent 12243 datagrams

iperf Done.

@jeoline, I am also Octotel 100/100 cape gate. It is a joke tonite TBH. And there is no way Octotel will fix this till tomorrow as they dont work after hours....
 
Well, something is very much broken on CI at the moment.

Twitch stream which is normally 1.1MB/s :

2019-03-25_19-55-13.png

Same stream on Vox:

2019-03-25_19-57-39.png
 
Looks like PL issue has stopped for now, but you can bet your bottom dollar it will be back in an hour or less.

Code:
iperf3 -R -u -b 80M -p 17001 -c cptspeedtest.cisp.co.za --omit 2
Connecting to host cptspeedtest.cisp.co.za, port 17001
Reverse mode, remote host cptspeedtest.cisp.co.za is sending
[  4] local 192.168.0.2 port 65317 connected to 154.0.15.181 port 17001
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Jitter    Lost/Total Datagrams
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  9.67 MBytes  81.1 Mbits/sec  0.890 ms  27/1265 (2.1%)  (omitted)
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  9.48 MBytes  79.5 Mbits/sec  0.731 ms  3/1217 (0.25%)  (omitted)
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  9.23 MBytes  77.4 Mbits/sec  1.163 ms  4/1186 (0.34%)
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  9.72 MBytes  81.5 Mbits/sec  1.160 ms  7/1251 (0.56%)
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec  9.48 MBytes  79.5 Mbits/sec  0.765 ms  1/1214 (0.082%)
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  9.48 MBytes  79.6 Mbits/sec  0.851 ms  3/1217 (0.25%)
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec  9.55 MBytes  80.0 Mbits/sec  0.977 ms  1/1223 (0.082%)
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec  8.86 MBytes  74.3 Mbits/sec  0.689 ms  76/1210 (6.3%)
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  9.42 MBytes  79.1 Mbits/sec  0.800 ms  24/1230 (2%)
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec  9.67 MBytes  81.2 Mbits/sec  0.838 ms  0/1238 (0%)
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec  9.20 MBytes  77.1 Mbits/sec  0.766 ms  1/1179 (0.085%)
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec  9.34 MBytes  78.4 Mbits/sec  0.840 ms  2/1197 (0.17%)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Jitter    Lost/Total Datagrams
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  95.9 MBytes  80.5 Mbits/sec  0.618 ms  120/12236 (0.98%)
[  4] Sent 12236 datagrams

iperf Done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X