dyllindd

Good Morning Everyone,

So my 2005 Opel Corsa Lite's factory fitted air conditioning isn't working anymore. When pulling out the A/C knob, you just hear the relay clicking in the fuse box next to the steering wheel and the car's revs getting higher and higher.

I have already swapped out the relay with another one on the car to test whether it is a faulty relay. Did not change anything.

Are there any other checks I can perform before I take it to an A/C place where I'll probably have to sign at least three limbs and an organ away to have it repaired?

Thanks everyone :)

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Sadly I don't think there is much more you can do yourself, if the relay works and the revs means the compressor is engaging, beyond that , only someone with in depth knowledge will know what's going on. Does the aircon pipes close to the radiator gets cold?

dyllindd

Sadly I don't think there is much more you can do yourself, if the relay works and the revs means the compressor is engaging, beyond that , only someone with in depth knowledge will know what's going on. Does the aircon pipes close to the radiator gets cold?

engine.jpg

Are you referring to the pipe with the blue cap one? That used to be cold when the A/C was working. Now it is boiling hot every time I open the bonnet.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
View attachment 458855

Are you referring to the pipe with the blue cap one? That used to be cold when the A/C was working. Now it is boiling hot every time I open the bonnet.

Yes that one, if it isn't then you have no choice but to take it in, try Bosch if you have one close by. Maybe a refill is all that's needed, hopefully you come back with all your organs and limbs still intact.

Last edited: