Cricket: International Discussion Thread

Creag

The Boar's Rock
"Coming from Cape Town to be given a chance to pursue my dream seems a million moons ago. We've shared some remarkable times but for me, the biggest achievement has been making a home away from home. I have a collection of memories from Chelmsford to keep me happy long into retirement," Ten Doeschate said.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
There are two possible outcomes. If the match is deemed by the ICC's Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC) to have been cancelled for acceptable reasons under the COVID allowances in the ICC rules, the result will be declared null and void and the series considered a four-match affair, with India winning 2-1 and World Test Championship points awarded on a percentage of available points basis. The other option is that the DRC consider India forfeited the match and award it to England, squaring the series at 2-2.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
ESPN CricInfo reporting that the NZ tour of Pakistan has been abandoned. Their first ODI was due to start 11:30am out time.
According to an NZC release: "The side was to play Pakistan this evening in the first of three ODIs in Rawalpindi, before moving to Lahore for a five match T20 series. However, following an escalation in the New Zealand Government threat levels for Pakistan, and advice from NZC security advisors on the ground, it has been decided the BLACKCAPS will not continue with the tour. Arrangements are now being made for the team's departure."
This is from the PCB: "Earlier today, the New Zealand cricket board informed us that they had been alerted to some security alert and have unilaterally decided to postpone the series.

"PCB and Govt of Pakistan made fool proof security arrangements for all visiting teams. We have assured the New Zealand cricket board of the same. The Prime Minister spoke personally to the Prime Minister of New Zealand and informed her that we have one of the best Intelligence systems in the world and that no security threat of any kind exists for the visting team.

"The security officials with the NZ team have been satisfied with security arrangements made by the Govt of Pakistan throughout their stay here. PCB is willing to continue the scheduled matches. However, cricket lovers in Pakistan and world over will be disappointed by this last minute withdrawal."

Last edited:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
dfa060d4e5b7e19b1fe93ff84f82e2f3.jpg

Hold thumbs