Cyberpunk 2077

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
CD Projekt RED didn’t dismiss Epic but did hint that it will be listed there at a later date. The pricing will be the same as Steam since it is the publisher listing the price. We won’t see any good Steam pricing from them either.

https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/

I see CD Projekt RED have changed plans, they will also be releasing physical copies so grey market resellers will pick this up on the cheap in discounted regions, especially CIS keys which are internationally enabled.

In my opinion, it will be best to support them through GOG, but I'm not going to preorder. It is a single player experience and I won't miss anything if I start to play the game by the time of the first discount ;) Not to mention, fewer bugs :thumbsup:

I am also not hung up like many with their Steam libraries, my personal GOG library is in need of more games.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
CD Projekt RED didn’t dismiss Epic but did hint that it will be listed there at a later date. The pricing will be the same as Steam since it is the publisher listing the price. We won’t see any good Steam pricing from them either.

https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/

I see CD Projekt RED have changed plans, they will also be releasing physical copies so grey market resellers will pick this up on the cheap in discounted regions, especially CIS keys which are internationally enabled.

In my opinion, it will be best to support them through GOG, but I'm not going to preorder. It is a single player experience and I won't miss anything if I start to play the game by the time of the first discount ;) Not to mention, fewer bugs

I am also not hung up like many with their Steam libraries, my personal GOG library is in need of more games.
It's $54 on Epic, I saw it early today, I was just joking because I know Epic is a trigger word for a lot of people.

stefan9

Executive Member
Depends how one regards dismissed...Their response to Epic exclusives is pretty dismissive...

1560546569760.png

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I find that pricing interesting. It may be that CD Projekt RED is distancing themselves from special terms for distribution rights. The game on Epic is $6 cheaper than Steam within the same region and jurisdiction. They are basically giving the middle finger to Gabe for their cut of the profit.

stefan9

Executive Member
It's not a response to Epic but a response to Epic exclusivity, which was never going to be with a CDPR game. It's still listed for Epic.
Well it's going to be very interesting to see who out sells who now that the game is on all three of gog,epic and steam...

stefan9

Executive Member
Tell that to GOG who have exclusivity on many 'old' games. Everyone in the distribution business has some form of exclusivity.
Gog actually does work to make those games compatible with modern systems and offer customer support for those games.

What does Epic do except throwing fortnite money around..

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Gog actually does work to make those games compatible with modern systems and offer customer support for those games.

What does Epic do except throwing fortnite money around..
- Unreal Engine (UA) / Unreal Studio (Enterprise)
- Epic Megagrants
- Twinmotion
- UA community support (they also credit community contributions)
- UA academic support

This all far before Fortnite, and I'm done talking of exclusivity in this thread.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
My only problem with the Epic Store and exclusive game deals is simply that the store is a year or more away from being ready for prime time.

It's utterly unacceptable that they went charging in before the store had anywhere close to the bare minimum of required features.

Demavend

gog price is now $52.99 (R784.55) vs steam R799.
If I were you I'd buy from GoG. That way CD Projekt Red gets all your money and I think they deserve it, not only because the game will no doubt be great, but because of how constantly under attack CDPR is from the crazy woke games journalists over at sites like Polygon, Kotaku, Resetera, Eurogamer, etc.