DigiChilli January Status and feedback

When will this exciting change happen for us spicy users? can't wait :-) or is it already implemented and it just didn't work :-(
 
When will this exciting change happen for us spicy users? can't wait :-) or is it already implemented and it just didn't work :-(

I think it is already active for spicy users. I am on spicy with a 384 line and my torrents average 20 to 30 kB/s, mainly pulling torrents and email, seems fine, have to quit Utorrent to do something on HTTP, but I don't mind, uncapped is for downloading not browsing. I really love this keep it up DC

Will start complaining when I get my 4 meg line and I'm downloading at 25kB.
 
I think it is already active for spicy users. I am on spicy with a 384 line and my torrents average 20 to 30 kB/s, mainly pulling torrents and email, seems fine, have to quit Utorrent to do something on HTTP, but I don't mind, uncapped is for downloading not browsing. I really love this keep it up DC

Will start complaining when I get my 4 meg line and I'm downloading at 25kB.

Did you have to restart your router or something?
 
Everyone getting good speeds are a bunch of fags and hobos! Us cool guys are getting 3kb/s so screw you fags and hobos!
 
Everyone getting good speeds are a bunch of fags and hobos! Us cool guys are getting 3kb/s so screw you fags and hobos!

So you are the counter-revolutionary forces the great prophet Malema told us about. Disrepecting the homohomosapiens and the poor. Shame upon you!
 
okay i am lost,

why do i have to share?

Check this link: http://mybroadband.co.za/news/Telecoms/10663.html

According to this DC is paying R3807 per megabit per second for Seacom connectivity and they are sharing that on a 2:1 contention ratio

To make money they would need to sell each 256kbps package to 4 people minimum just to pay for the line and that would leave them with R250 profit for every 4 customers. This means that if 4 of us share the bandwidth we are each only going to get 64kbps if we are using it to download torrents or from RS ...

Of course this vastly oversimplifies the reality of how the contention ratios work out so we need to hope for a whole bunch of browsers (makes them sound like cows :D) to be able to get the most capacity out of our links.
 
Last edited:
Yes. I restarted my router, wont restart it again, I heard a wise saying, if it ain't broke don't restart your router :)
 
Any updates of anyone getting gmail to send with outlook? this is quite a frustration for me. Other than this I am quite happy with the service. PM'd Dave, but no response and call center is worthless in helping.
 
ok

Just wondering bout Screamer and SAOL, are they paying the same?

But i understand

Ok, i read the article
 
Last edited:
I think it is already active for spicy users. I am on spicy with a 384 line and my torrents average 20 to 30 kB/s, mainly pulling torrents and email, seems fine, have to quit Utorrent to do something on HTTP, but I don't mind, uncapped is for downloading not browsing. I really love this keep it up DC

Will start complaining when I get my 4 meg line and I'm downloading at 25kB.

Don't complain - get a higher paid price offering ...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X