The rewards portion - i.e. active rewards can be achieved via Discovery Insure App on Open Vitality.Is Discovery Insure free for the 'Open Vitality' period for existing Vitality users?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
The rewards portion - i.e. active rewards can be achieved via Discovery Insure App on Open Vitality.Is Discovery Insure free for the 'Open Vitality' period for existing Vitality users?
Well done to Discovery, they are really mastering the behavioural psychology- reducing their reward scheme costs, but giving element of excitement for their users by allowing to pick the tiles as if its all in your own hands now.
Yeah Kauai is gonna be so quiet on Wednesdays - LOLWell done to Discovery, they are really mastering the behavioural psychology- reducing their reward scheme costs, but giving element of excitement for their users by allowing to pick the tiles as if its all in your own hands now.
Yup . The boards are preloaded and discovery now reducing their costs . So even if you wanted your coffee / smoothie every week for getting your target, now you may have to wait two weeks. Isn't Discovery's new method of game board considered gambling of sorts?I'm pretty sure your tile allocation isn't down to luck of picking one. It's already been assigned to you beforehand. Two 25 tiles for me in a row
Nah, I think to constitute gambling, you'd have to be able to lose some of your own money. But yes, I'm sure they are managing their costs with this, with 25 points being a much higher probability than anything else, which won't get us a smoothie anymore. I do like the idea that you can build them up though for PnP vouchers for example - that I can use.Yup . The boards are preloaded and discovery now reducing their costs . So even if you wanted your coffee / smoothie every week for getting your target, now you may have to wait two weeks. Isn't Discovery's new method of game board considered gambling of sorts?
The question I am asking myself (and I was never a big fan but I am playing) is how much is my health data really worth. Refuse to fall for their booster gimmicks to lock me further in. Thinking I may use two devices (my old Fitbit and my new Garmin). I will only associate the Fitbit to discovery and use for exercise. So they get max 35 minutes X 3 of my health data but nothing else. **** them
Oh yay 25 points for me
I achieved my goal but dont seem to have any board play allocated? I received one last week...not this week though.
My 30 points hasnt changed since last week either.
Define cheap. Less than R1000? Between R1000-2000?Can someone tell me which cheap heart rate monitors (wrist) link with the Polar app? TIA.
Yeah so this will also work, but is not wrist based: https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/wahoo-tickr-belt/5923Thanks.
I am particularly looking for brands that Discovery do not support, but that are able to link to the Polar app. For example the Muvit heart rate monitor can do it. They used to be under R500 but aren't sold anymore.
Nah, I think to constitute gambling, you'd have to be able to lose some of your own money. But yes, I'm sure they are managing their costs with this, with 25 points being a much higher probability than anything else, which won't get us a smoothie anymore. I do like the idea that you can build them up though for PnP vouchers for example - that I can use.
With regards to your health data - it's the new 'gold'. And it's probably a matter of time before they're using this data in other ways, such as the medical aid side of things and possibly upping your premium if you're a fat slob? Who knows
Gambling games 5. (1) An activity is a gambling game if— (a) it meets the following criteria: 18 No. 26670 GOVERNMENT GAZETTE, 12 AUGUST 2004 Act No. 7, 2004 NATIONAL GAMBLING ACT, 2004 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 (i) it is played upon payment of any consideration, with the chance that the person playing the game might become entitled to, or receive a pay-out; and (ii) the result might be determined by the skill of the player, the element of chance, or both; or (b) it is a bet or wager in terms of section 4(1), that is placed in a casino in relation to an activity that meets the criteria in paragraph (a). (2) Despite subsection (1), for all purposes of this Act, none of the following activities is a gambling game: (a) A bet or wager in terms of section 4(1), other than a bet or wager contemplated in subsection (1)(b). (b) a totalisator bet in terms of section 4(2); or (c) an amusement game.