Discovery Vitality [2019]

beefymoocow

Hi

Does anyone actually check that they get the right cashback each month for healthycare and healthy food?

I've been checking and besides my bugbear of March to June that I got nil, I am not getting the correct cashback... Entire swipes are missing from the statements I request from them.

I am really at a loss. Looking forward to your feedback.
How do you check? Do you get a detailed statement for healthy food?

Aharon

Executive Member
How do you check? Do you get a detailed statement for healthy food?
I've started doing that. You have to request it and they stall using any tactics possible but eventually you do get it.

In addition, I've always argued at dischem that if at the otc counter they bag the pills with a sticker that gets scanned at the paypoint I wouldnt get cash back. In October I confirmed with dischem head office and discovery that I would get the cash back and not having much choice did two test purchases for which I kept the slip seperately to check... Matched them to my October detailed statement and nil reflected as expected.

As time cobsuimg as it is, I scan every slip with healthy food or care and save it. I then keep a spreadsheet of line items per slip and tick off once cashback is received.

There's really no point in shopping at more expensive places if I'm not getting the reward back.

beefymoocow

I've started doing that. You have to request it and they stall using any tactics possible but eventually you do get it.

In addition, I've always argued at dischem that if at the otc counter they bag the pills with a sticker that gets scanned at the paypoint I wouldnt get cash back. In October I confirmed with dischem head office and discovery that I would get the cash back and not having much choice did two test purchases for which I kept the slip seperately to check... Matched them to my October detailed statement and nil reflected as expected.

As time cobsuimg as it is, I scan every slip with healthy food or care and save it. I then keep a spreadsheet of line items per slip and tick off once cashback is received.

There's really no point in shopping at more expensive places if I'm not getting the reward back.
I have always bought stuff at the otc counter. I knew I wouldn’t get the cashback. Didn’t really complain because my dad medical aid reimburse the full amount. Maybe I should start claiming.

Do you think it’s a good idea to get a detail statement from dischem as well and do a cross check to discovery statement?

twr

Expert Member
Dischem also assured me I'll get cash back from bagged items with a sticker on it,I know I didn't get the cash back as well,

Hopefully one day they will give us a monthly statement showing our purchases and cash back amounts,it's so hard to track it myself, I'm probably loosing out

Aharon

Executive Member
I have always bought stuff at the otc counter. I knew I wouldn’t get the cashback. Didn’t really complain because my dad medical aid reimburse the full amount. Maybe I should start claiming.

Do you think it’s a good idea to get a detail statement from dischem as well and do a cross check to discovery statement?
If you feel you not getting what's due to you it's worth a try.

If you submit to medical aid there's no cashback. It has to be on cash items.

Aharon

Executive Member
Dischem also assured me I'll get cash back from bagged items with a sticker on it,I know I didn't get the cash back as well,

Hopefully one day they will give us a monthly statement showing our purchases and cash back amounts,it's so hard to track it myself, I'm probably loosing out
You can get by requesting but its a mission I can't lie

Toxic T

Expert Member
I redeemed the mugg and bean voucher last week. Went into the store today to use it. The cashier and the manager said, sorry, it is not working and I need to call discovery. Called the call center and they are only open Monday to Friday. Such a disappointment. Pay so much of money, jump through all the hoops and nothing works.

twr

Expert Member
I redeemed the mugg and bean voucher last week. Went into the store today to use it. The cashier and the manager said, sorry, it is not working and I need to call discovery. Called the call center and they are only open Monday to Friday. Such a disappointment. Pay so much of money, jump through all the hoops and nothing works.
Which mug n bean voucher? I redeem the any hot drink and never had an issue

Tag11

Am i the only one who doesn't like how the Money active rewards are calculated.
Buying electricity for R1000.00
  1. Single transaction: Max points towards goal = 2 points
  2. 20 transactions of R50 = 20 points
  3. 50 transactions of R20 = 25 points
I even thought of filling up R50 worth of petrol every morning.

Its too many hoops to jump through for an iPhone.
For the iPhone promo... how many points need to be made per week? Is this the primary way they allocate points?

Surely there is a more sophisticated (and relevant) method to determine and reward "good financial habits"?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
For the iPhone promo... how many points need to be made per week? Is this the primary way they allocate points?

Surely there is a more sophisticated (and relevant) method to determine and reward "good financial habits"?
20 points per week , 25 on black.

Tag11

20 points per week , 25 on black.
And they can be achieved simply by making 10x payments per week at 2pts a shot?
Are there other ways to earn points?

Do those payments have to be EFTs or do credit card transactions also apply?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
And they can be achieved simply by making 10x payments per week at 2pts a shot?
Are there other ways to earn points?

Do those payments have to be EFTs or do credit card transactions also apply?
has to be swipes or online, eft does not count.

Yep 10x payments for 2 points each works fine.

vajavich

does anyone know if you can use multiple sportsman's house vouchers in a single purchase?

NightCrawlerNic

has to be swipes or online, eft does not count.

Yep 10x payments for 2 points each works fine.
Apart from normal transactions,
  1. i use SnapScan - R50 at a time into my walled that i use for Electricity and dstv.
  2. I also get petrol R200 at a time, unless i am travelling far.
  3. Also dischem and pick and pay gift cards if need be. Good thing about this two is that i dont have to use my card to get the extra rewards from bank. Smartshorper + gift card works like a charm.
else i could use my credit card to pay for gautrain rides, but thats the last resort as it would cost me extra every month. Monthly ticket vs single trips.

twr

Expert Member
Apart from normal transactions,
  1. i use SnapScan - R50 at a time into my walled that i use for Electricity and dstv.
  2. I also get petrol R200 at a time, unless i am travelling far.
  3. Also dischem and pick and pay gift cards if need be. Good thing about this two is that i dont have to use my card to get the extra rewards from bank. Smartshorper + gift card works like a charm.
else i could use my credit card to pay for gautrain rides, but thats the last resort as it would cost me extra every month. Monthly ticket vs single trips.
Please excuse my stupid question, so you purchase Pick n pay and dischem vouchers using your credit card,why not just make small separate purchases at those stores ?
How does snapscan work? Cause if you you make a purchase from.your cc to load onto snapscan ,then why not pay DSTV , electricity also in smaller separate amounts directly?,what is the point in buying gift cards and purchasing via snapscan?

Sorry long day I'm confused