Discovery Vitality [2019]

adielk

Expert Member
I usually just get my annual done early and with the odd winter exception only got to the gym for the pool which is 100points at best. This year was my latest to gomplete my annual goal, think I only got it around une, normally I'm done by March/April.
Mind breaking down activities?

Wish they show:
1. Activities and
2. indicate whether done or not

adielk

Expert Member
Apple watch offer - you can gift it subject to daily goals being met.

However, must it be met via watch or with any other device eg my huawei app my main tracker.

abudabi

Expert Member
However, must it be met via watch or with any other device eg my huawei app my main tracker.
Historically I've done it with a chest strap (not even linnking the watch to my profile). Not sure if there's been any chance in this regard though.

Sensorei

Expert Member
The free Apple watch Vitality offer must have many people paying a lot more than expected. Discovery increases the weekly points required to reach your goal and before you know it you need 900 points to reach your goal.

When you activate Vitality active rewards you need 100 points to hit the weekly fitness goal.

If you want to avoid the payments, just know that you'll need to consistently hit 900/week.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
The free Apple watch Vitality offer must have many people paying a lot more than expected. Discovery increases the weekly points required to reach your goal and before you know it you need 900 points to reach your goal.

When you activate Vitality active rewards you need 100 points to hit the weekly fitness goal.

If you want to avoid the payments, just know that you'll need to consistently hit 900/week.
No, if you activate vitality you need 100 points, and as you meet your goals it goes up. Nothing to do with vitality active.

Also, before you know it, is 4 months, so not really a "before you know it" scenario...

adielk

Expert Member

900 actually easy

1. 30 min session at high HR = 300 points x 3 sessions = 90p
OR
30 min session at 200 points x 5 = 1000
2. Parkrun 300 points Saturdays
3. Myrun 300 points Sundays
4. Gym visit 100 points

beefymoocow

900 actually easy

OR
4. Gym visit 100 points
Sometimes you can hit the kuaia at the gym for your milkshake

XFlorenceX

900 actually easy

OR
4. Gym visit 100 points
I do cardio gym classes and go all out but almost always still only get 200 points. I feel like unless you are willing to full out run for 30 minutes, it will be difficult to get 300 points :( I'm not a runner.

Tinuva

The Magician
I do cardio gym classes and go all out but almost always still only get 200 points. I feel like unless you are willing to full out run for 30 minutes, it will be difficult to get 300 points :( I'm not a runner.
Running doesn't give as easy 80% HR as cycling. Those indoor cycles at the gym is the easiest method to get 80%HR for 300 points. At least in my experience, doing weights don't really work, running does but is a lot more work than cycling.

Aharon

Executive Member
Personally I struggle to get my heart rate up on bicycles. So treadmill it is. That curved treafmi does the job it seems, but oh my! It's a killer

CodeMaster

Expert Member
Elliptical trainer is stiil the easiest way to get 300pts in a gym. Get your legs and arms moving together.

adielk

Expert Member
I do stationary cycling? Easily hit 300 points unless I'm slacking

vajavich

Personally I struggle to get my heart rate up on bicycles. So treadmill it is. That curved treafmi does the job it seems, but oh my! It's a killer
me too. doing a HIIT or boxing class works best for me or a weights session mixed with plyometrics for over 1 hour to get the 300 points from hitting the 70% for over an hour bracket.

krycor

Honorary Master

You need to learn to play the system as well as it plays you

Basically if you keep your weekly max to about the same as the allocated ie if it says you need 500, get 500(I suspect also only sync last 150 points after Saturday).. if you report 900 points successive weeks it will go up very fast by 100 increments.

in other words under report..

adielk

Expert Member
You need to learn to play the system as well as it plays you

Basically if you keep your weekly max to about the same as the allocated ie if it says you need 500, get 500(I suspect also only sync last 150 points after Saturday).. if you report 900 points successive weeks it will go up very fast by 100 increments.

in other words under report..
Max is 900 points so now or later

krycor

Honorary Master
Running doesn't give as easy 80% HR as cycling. Those indoor cycles at the gym is the easiest method to get 80%HR for 300 points. At least in my experience, doing weights don't really work, running does but is a lot more work than cycling.
I find the opposite.. maybe it’s because I am use to MTB cycling? I dunno.. running for 30m/5km is more consistent.

When I want to do weights I do 15m cycling or rowing and 1st 15m of weights which keeps at about 60-70%.

Tinuva

The Magician
I find the opposite.. maybe it’s because I am use to MTB cycling? I dunno.. running for 30m/5km is more consistent.

When I want to do weights I do 15m cycling or rowing and 1st 15m of weights which keeps at about 60-70%.
Going by the above responses, I think we can settle for, its different for everyone.

So each person must find which exercise is the easiest for them to get the 300 points.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Yeah i can't do cycling for longer than a few minutes, my quads feel like they will seize up if i go on too long. My cardio is not on point so i can't hit 80% of max HR running for too long, it feels like too much of a strain on my heart.

So invariably I end up doing 10 to 15 minutes of running, and then the rest of the hour long session i do weights. The more cardio i do in the beginning (i.e. 15 min as opposed to only 10), the easier it is for me to keep above the 70% of max HR. Am able to consistently score the 300 points for an hour workout this way which i do once a week. Find it very draining though, so would only do this maximum twice a week once i get fitter or make the time to get more quality sleep.