Discovery Vitality [2019]

Sensorei

Expert Member
You need to learn to play the system as well as it plays you

Basically if you keep your weekly max to about the same as the allocated ie if it says you need 500, get 500(I suspect also only sync last 150 points after Saturday).. if you report 900 points successive weeks it will go up very fast by 100 increments.

in other words under report..
Yes you are screwed if you buy the apple watch after already owning a fitness tracker and racking up 900 points a few times. If you do other sports like surfing, martial arts or swimming where you can't always track heart rate or steps you lose out. Discovery reckons only happy joggers and cyclists are worthy of fit status.

Mamba1

Anyone else having issues with vitality? My dashboard reports a 500 error, all my rewards show "service error". This has been happening for 3 weeks now... Discovery says they are aware of it and working to fix it, but 3 weeks? :/ 706319

fruitbat

Expert Member
Anyone else having issues with vitality? My dashboard reports a 500 error, all my rewards show "service error". This has been happening for 3 weeks now... Discovery says they are aware of it and working to fix it, but 3 weeks? :/ View attachment 706319
Been noticing it for a while. Didn’t go as far as calling them...

Pufferfish94

Anyone else getting told that there are new permissions for Samsung Health? When I try to allow the permissions nothing happens?

livw88

@Pufferfish94 Been getting the same "allow permissions" error from last night. Tried everything and nothing helps. Guess Discovery broke something on their side again. You should be able to relink once the problem is sorted. Until then you are not missing anything.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Have to drive to gym now so that can get 100 points I need, because of the Samsung permissions issue lol

livw88

Have to drive to gym now so that can get 100 points I need, because of the Samsung permissions issue lol
Been there, done that. I feel for the people who are signing up to use Discovery Bank. Based on my own experience with the Discovery app (3+ years) - having CONSTANT issues with logging in, linking devices, syncing workouts, claiming rewards etc. they really need to step up their game or employ a whole different and competent development team for the banking stuff.

Tinuva

The Magician
Just give the permission in the Samsung health app.

Notice in the Discovery app:

In the samsung health app:

adielk

Expert Member
Just give the permission in the Samsung health app.

Notice in the Discovery app:

In the samsung health app:
Yep just allow in samsung app and discovery app.

Resolved it.

Edit:

Nope still stupid notifications after a few minutes.

Last edited:

ros_b

I do cardio gym classes and go all out but almost always still only get 200 points. I feel like unless you are willing to full out run for 30 minutes, it will be difficult to get 300 points :( I'm not a runner.
That's super weird. Are you using a chest strap? I hear that some of the wrist-based HR monitors aren't all that accurate.
When I travel and there's no gym and it's too hot to go for a jog outside, I do a workout in my hotel room called "Low Impact Cardio Workout for Beginners - Recovery Cardio Workout with no Jumping" yet my HR easily gets up into the 150s (80% of max for me is 139) and I aint no beginner. It looks like such an easy workout if you just watch the video but once you start it - it really gets the HR up! It's a bit shorter than 30 mins so you need to just repeat a few exercises to get up to the 30 mins required. https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/low-impact-cardio-workout-for-beginners-recovery-cardio-workout-with-no-jumping

Tinuva

The Magician
My samsung health still syncs, just dont delink it and make sure that the permissions is correct, then let the notifications be.