Discovery Vitality [2019]

krycor

Honorary Master
I have 7.5k steps today so I will see the maxed out annual limit for steps tomorrow.

Charlesjjm

Nope.. got 0 points for annual...

Remember there are two totals tracked.
1. Annual event contribution (Vitality)
2. Weekly event contribution (Vitality Active Rewards)

For category 2, it is completely uncapped.. so u will always see the trophy award with weekly point allocation indicated.

For category 1 the event will register as a bold number with award value.. this one has a 30k fitness limit and event limit per event.

And example when an annual point event happens..

View attachment 704065

So essentially what this means is that if the max event for the day happens to be maxed out for the annual u get 0 award as the system doesn’t/can’t award for a maxed out event type.

This is a problem as it means you basically lose points due to algorithmic choice for annual and weekly being the same albeit technically different values.. ie in the case I had the annual point was 0, weekly 100. But of the three events logged for the day, there was one which would have given 100pts for annual.. hence bug.
Sorry, I don't know what you are trying to say. Your first screenshot showed 3 activities. They are worth 50, 100 and 100 points respectively. You received 100 points, which is the maximum you could get. Points therefore allocated correctly. The only way you could have received more points was to increase heart rate.

krycor

Honorary Master
Sorry, I don't know what you are trying to say. Your first screenshot showed 3 activities. They are worth 50, 100 and 100 points respectively. You received 100 points, which is the maximum you could get. Points therefore allocated correctly. The only way you could have received more points was to increase heart rate.
There are two event points award each day.. one for the weekly and one for the annual.

The weekly has no limit.. ie 100pts award (the trophy).
The annual has limits.. 0 awarded.

The issue is for the annual, the one event, virgin active gym session should have provided 100pts but because the maximum event hr (it’s always considered > gym) which was used is maxed out for the year, 0 points were awarded.

I dunno how much more clarity I can provide and thinking the discovery people will be as clueless.

krycor

Honorary Master
To put this another way..

If you always go to gym and do HR workouts and maxed out you annual point awards for it.. you will never get the 100 points for gym in the annual tally.

krycor

Honorary Master
I have 7.5k steps today so I will see the maxed out annual limit for steps tomorrow.
IMG_4120.JPG

The maxed out step count for under 10k steps.. notice there is no bold number as there is no annual points awarded.. but 50 for weekly.

Hrm.. I am wondering if virgin active has limits too? Guess I can go to gym tonight and time shift workout to Monday so I can tell if virgin active visit award has a limit (new, never seen a limit on this and I’d be well below unless unawarded still counts).

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
View attachment 704109

The maxed out step count for under 10k steps.. notice there is no bold number as there is no annual points awarded.. but 50 for weekly.

Hrm.. I am wondering if virgin active has limits too? Guess I can go to gym tonight and time shift workout to Monday so I can tell if virgin active visit award has a limit (new, never seen a limit on this and I’d be well below unless unawarded still counts).
Virgin active limit is 300 times a year. Max 30k points.

krycor

Honorary Master
Virgin active limit is 300 times a year. Max 30k points.
Ok then I’m definitely not hitting that either.. but will confirm tomorrow.

Whomever is in charge is not gonna be happy as they will need to reprocess entire timelines.

krycor

Honorary Master
Btw if Discovery Vitality say this is not a bug, then I will time shift every workout I do at the gym to achieve maximum points as this essentially cheats you on the annual point tally.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Btw if Discovery Vitality say this is not a bug, then I will time shift every workout I do at the gym to achieve maximum points as this essentially cheats you on the annual point tally.
Yeah, but then they put your account under review and a bag of other **** comes down on you, or they just don't accept the workouts as they do tamper detection, so unless you can time shift the entire device doing the recording, that's probably not going to work.

twr

Did my first park run yesterday,what's the average time it takes for points to reflect?

krycor

Honorary Master
Yeah, but then they put your account under review and a bag of other **** comes down on you, or they just don't accept the workouts as they do tamper detection, so unless you can time shift the entire device doing the recording, that's probably not going to work.
Exactly

But yah they need to fix their ****.. not the 1st time I notice errors

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Exactly

But yah they need to fix their ****.. not the 1st time I notice errors
No argument there, but this is one of them David and goliath situations, but this time David has no arms or legs. You can try and fight em all you want, but they'll still win.

Tinuva

The Magician
You should query it. I had long fights in the past where the system didn't give virgin active points because I reached the 10000 steps point limit. They eventually manually fix it each time.

krycor

Honorary Master
You should query it. I had long fights in the past where the system didn't give virgin active points because I reached the 10000 steps point limit. They eventually manually fix it each time.
It’s likely the same bug.

krycor

Honorary Master
No argument there, but this is one of them David and goliath situations, but this time David has no arms or legs. You can try and fight em all you want, but they'll still win.
lol.. yes and no. Money talks when it walks I cancelled and cancelling Discovery products as I go along. Medical and Life product are good though.

Look the Discovery Vitality system has always been a bit buggy since the newer stuff was added (3yrs ago?). And while I don’t particularly care about weekly goals, annual ones I do because that impacts annual status(which impacts life insurance in particular and investments if u stupidly trust them with that etc). If I had infinite money to waste I’d take them up directly in court because this sort of bug has repercussions on coverage Ie if someone died or claimed and got a reduction where it was reduced due erroneous calc.. guess who is gonna be paying. Repercussions of thinking the system is infallible and basing a lot things on it.

If resolution is manually fixing it then I will be logging calls every few days till end of year as I hate going to gym only to run my arse off. So I do 1 run and lighter rowing and cycling on other days to make up weekly points I need according to my calc for annual goals.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
lol.. yes and no. Money talks when it walks I cancelled and cancelling Discovery products as I go along. Medical and Life product are good though.

Look the Discovery Vitality system has always been a bit buggy since the newer stuff was added (3yrs ago?). And while I don’t particularly care about weekly goals, annual ones I do because that impacts annual status(which impacts life insurance in particular and investments if u stupidly trust them with that etc). If I had infinite money to waste I’d take them up directly in court because this sort of bug has repercussions on coverage Ie if someone died or claimed and got a reduction where it was reduced due erroneous calc.. guess who is gonna be paying. Repercussions of thinking the system is infallible and basing a lot things on it.

If resolution is manually fixing it then I will be logging calls every few days till end of year as I hate going to gym only to run my arse off. So I do 1 run and lighter rowing and cycling on other days to make up weekly points I need according to my calc for annual goals.
I usually just get my annual done early and with the odd winter exception only got to the gym for the pool which is 100points at best. This year was my latest to gomplete my annual goal, think I only got it around une, normally I'm done by March/April.