Discovery Vitality [2019]

krycor

Honorary Master
So I overclocked and opened tonight by mistake I’m scared of the point allocation jump for next week haha likely jumps upward by 100pts but same time I need to start collecting more points till end of year.

I miss cycling events for points though.. yesterday evening when I started running my knee felt strange and then was ok after a few minutes.. got a bit worried. It’s kinda why I went that way vs road running events ie no knee impact + longer hr event (well if u push hard or do mtb hills etc).

twr

What is the discount for VA gym for one club only? Mine is showing 60% isn't it 75% also it shows gym booster active but as 0%

Charlesjjm

What is the discount for VA gym for one club only? Mine is showing 60% isn't it 75% also it shows gym booster active but as 0%
It looks like you are on premier membership, then you'll only get 60 %. Club (One gym) is 75 %. Collection (the fancy ones is 50 %)
Only Club members can get 100 % cashback not Premier or Collection.

twr

It looks like you are on premier membership, then you'll only get 60 %. Club (One gym) is 75 %. Collection (the fancy ones is 50 %)
Only Club members can get 100 % cashback not Premier or Collection.
Must be a system error cause I downgraded to one club last month,I'm paying the correct amount but discovery still shows as premier membership

Gamer

Expert Member
Just a heads up to anyone who is currently a Vitality running club member and does not wish to continue being a member for 2020. They will automatically debit your bank account for the 2020 fees on 1 November 2019. It's about now'ish that one should give them a written notice of opting out.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Just a heads up to anyone who is currently a Vitality running club member and does not wish to continue being a member for 2020. They will automatically debit your bank account for the 2020 fees on 1 November 2019. It's about now'ish that one should give them a written notice of opting out.
I kaked them out for that last year. I was at no point informed of debit orders and ****

Charlesjjm

Strange. I've never had a debit order come off my account. I've always paid them manually every year.

Noisybottom

My shoe booster is coming to an end this month and I'd like to do it again, all Discovery Viability literature directs me to activate it on the app but for the life of me I see no options to activate any of the boosters. I do have the latest version of the app and it seems to work for everything else I need it to but I just don't see where to find the option to activate a booster. Any ideas! Thanks

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
My shoe booster is coming to an end this month and I'd like to do it again, all Discovery Viability literature directs me to activate it on the app but for the life of me I see no options to activate any of the boosters. I do have the latest version of the app and it seems to work for everything else I need it to but I just don't see where to find the option to activate a booster. Any ideas! Thanks
From the health goals screen you need to go to the booster button near the bottom.

Just note the payback rules all change from January, you will no longer be getting cash , but miles paid into your discovery bank account.

Noisybottom

From the health goals screen you need to go to the booster button near the bottom.

Just note the payback rules all change from January, you will no longer be getting cash , but miles paid into your discovery bank account.
And if I don't have a discovery bank account then will I still get the reward/cash back/ miles? What is the value of a mile and how can they be spent/redeemed?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
And if I don't have a discovery bank account then will I still get the reward/cash back/ miles? What is the value of a mile and how can they be spent/redeemed?
I have no idea, that's just what the literature from disco states. So you will get an equivalent rand value in miles and you can spend them at selected retail or online stores like takealot. I dunno I also don't have that ****.

They forcing the banking on vitality members so from next year most cash backs are being moved to miles and or disco accounts. There is a 2020 thread with the documents and discussions there.

Personally I would not renew benefits and such now until more info is available.

Noisybottom

I have no idea, that's just what the literature from disco states. So you will get an equivalent rand value in miles and you can spend them at selected retail or online stores like takealot. I dunno I also don't have that ****.

They forcing the banking on vitality members so from next year most cash backs are being moved to miles and or disco accounts. There is a 2020 thread with the documents and discussions there.

Personally I would not renew benefits and such now until more info is available.
I think you have the right idea, I'd hate to buy new shoes on the booster expecting them to be free (eventually all money refunded) only for it to be miles that I'd be having to spend where miles get accepted, hardly free shoes then. I'll check out the 2020 thread and read that literature and on that make my mind up. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Koosvanwyk

I think you have the right idea, I'd hate to buy new shoes on the booster expecting them to be free (eventually all money refunded) only for it to be miles that I'd be having to spend where miles get accepted, hardly free shoes then. I'll check out the 2020 thread and read that literature and on that make my mind up. Thanks for the heads up on that.
If you have a bank account with Discovery you will get cash into the savings account. Without the Discovery account you will get miles (or whatever it will eventually be called) that can only be spent at partner stores. If you not planning on opening an account or don't shop often at the partner stores then there is very little benefit.

air

Expert Member
still using my old discovery cc, linked to my life policy, will try and hold out till the last moment - eB's for me is a system I understand better and the odd bit of hoop jumping does not negate the damn awesome benefits.