Discovery Vitality 2020

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Same thing happened to me. Can't see anything on the app regarding the Discovery Card. Looks as if it was a forced move, but hopefully nothing changes and you don't need to change your card to a Discovery Bank one?
You would need to change your card. There is no way fnb card will be linked to discovery bank account.

ies87

Same thing happened to me. Can't see anything on the app regarding the Discovery Card. Looks as if it was a forced move, but hopefully nothing changes and you don't need to change your card to a Discovery Bank one?
No, you’re forced to move to Bank now. Her old Discovery Card doesn’t work anymore, she was told by Discovery Bank that she needs to wait 24 hours for the transfer to clear, then download their app and start the onboarding process.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
No, you’re forced to move to Bank now. Her old Discovery Card doesn’t work anymore, she was told by Discovery Bank that she needs to wait 24 hours for the transfer to clear, then download their app and start the onboarding process.
I'm currently in the queue at the shops and about to try to use the card. That is going to be disappointing if it doesn't work.

I can access the account details through the discovery website. It asked me to confirm some details, so I did. Wants me to download the Discovery Bank app...

ies87

I'm currently in the queue at the shops and about to try to use the card. That is going to be disappointing if it doesn't work.

I can access the account details through the discovery website. It asked me to confirm some details, so I did. Wants me to download the Discovery Bank app...
They told her her card wouldn’t work anymore. Did yours? They did offer to transfer money to her cheque account if she needed it though.

dhirennaidoo

I dont think this is correct. My card was moved over this morning and I still used it this afternoon. Worked fine. Although I'm sure the long term goal is to strong-arm everyone over to migrating onto a Discovery Bank Gold credit card.

I did receive an email about this yesterday explaining everything (screenshot below).
They did mention this a few months back, but no clear explanation until yesterday. Still a bit short notice if you ask me.

Had to change my EFT details for transferring funds into the card now but that's about it.
Screenshot_20200523_163548_com.google.android.gm.jpg

ies87

I dont think this is correct. My card was moved over this morning and I still used it this afternoon. Worked fine. Although I'm sure the long term goal is to strong-arm everyone over to migrating onto a Discovery Bank Gold credit card.

I did receive an email about this yesterday explaining everything (screenshot below).
They did mention this a few months back, but no clear explanation until yesterday. Still a bit short notice if you ask me.

Had to change my EFT details for transferring funds into the card now but that's about it.
View attachment 844881
Thanks for this, it explains a lot. She never got an email like this as far as I know. Her banker put her through to Discovery Bank this morning and they told her the card would no longer work but I guess that was untrue. I see lots of people were freaking out about the same thing on twitter this morning...

Last edited:

Tinuva

The Magician
Looks like as of Friday the virgin active points are now 50 instead of 100.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
O
Looks like as of Friday the virgin active points are now 50 instead of 100.
Or zero... i've had it happen twice now where it said higher points awarded for the day, but the other activity (fitbit 69% HR session on Thursday or 5k steps on Saturday) did not qualify towards the annual goal :mad:

binloud

Has anyone been struggling get an apple watch? I went to the istore a month ago, paid and everything got my code but I wasn't being sent the OTP to confirm in store so I couldn't get the watch. I have been in contact with the escalation team for a month. Who say its a known problem and they are working on a fix, they have been working on it for a month! .. How can your system team investigate something for that long with no feedback - pathetic.

ies87

Has anyone been struggling get an apple watch? I went to the istore a month ago, paid and everything got my code but I wasn't being sent the OTP to confirm in store so I couldn't get the watch. I have been in contact with the escalation team for a month. Who say its a known problem and they are working on a fix, they have been working on it for a month! .. How can your system team investigate something for that long with no feedback - pathetic.
I had this issue with my watch a year and a half ago. Also didn't get an OTP and the second time they tried the system said that my code had already been used. Apple had to issue a new code (Discovery explained that the codes are issued directly by Apple, not iStore). They sorted it out within a week though and my OTP worked with the second code. So a month is definitely not acceptable.