groesbec

Phoned this morning and was advised that there is a delay in the payments. Apparently SMS's and emails were sent yesterday regarding the delay, but I have not received either.
Cashback for Drive was paid yesterday.

Reactions: twr

beefymoocow

Expert Member

I have the full brochure, but too big to upload it

Where do you get the full brochure. Is it the 2 page brochure. I like this new system. I used to drive around the city for no reason to get my distance on certain weeks. I live too close to work.

twr

Expert Member
No the drive is 37pages and the new vitality is 24 pages long

twr

Expert Member
I do like 50% at Bosch as I'm.due for a service I wonder how that works tho Screenshot_20200522-103725.jpg

ies87

No the drive is 37pages and the new vitality is 24 pages long
Link please? New system seems great. Already emailed them about the new Discovery Insure Warranty.

ies87

I don't like this though. I occasionally get 'phone not present' errors even though I ensure that the tracker is connected before taking off. Wouldn't be too keen on losing up to 10 points every time that happens...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 16.15.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 16.15.55.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 17

rsa-ace

I don't like this though. I occasionally get 'phone not present' errors even though I ensure that the tracker is connected before taking off. Wouldn't be too keen on losing up to 10 points every time that happens...
I have the same issue. I have to check my phone every time I drive.

NightCrawlerNic

Guys, consider using excess funder on your discovery insure if you can. They double your cashback every month. I paid my April premium and i still have more than R4k left. On a monthly i am getting back around R1k.

twr

Expert Member
Guys, consider using excess funder on your discovery insure if you can. They double your cashback every month. I paid my April premium and i still have more than R4k left. On a monthly i am getting back around R1k.
I need to look into this more,
So they double your cash back to use of you need to use for a claim correct?

Can you cash out if you don't claim?
What do you mean you paid your April premium?

ies87

I need to look into this more,
So they double your cash back to use of you need to use for a claim correct?

Can you cash out if you don't claim?
What do you mean you paid your April premium?
I also use it, works really well. You can use it for paying excess and tyres. See they’re renaming it with Vitality Drive 2.0 so might have more uses then.

You can make a withdrawal after three years. For every R1 you withdraw, your balance reduces by R2 (ie you forfeit the boosted portion). You can also switch back and forth - say let the EFA balance accumulate to R10,000 then switch back to cashbacks.

I wasn’t aware that you could pay your premium with your EFA, which is pretty neat.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
I also use it, works really well. You can use it for paying excess and tyres. See they’re renaming it with Vitality Drive 2.0 so might have more uses then.

You can make a withdrawal after three years. For every R1 you withdraw, your balance reduces by R2 (ie you forfeit the boosted portion). You can also switch back and forth - say let the EFA balance accumulate to R10,000 then switch back to cashbacks.

I wasn’t aware that you could pay your premium with your EFA, which is pretty neat.

How do you get your cashback to your efa

ies87

Interesting, I just got my quote for the new vehicle warranty. R200pm but there’s a R3,500 excess and apparently you can’t use the excess funder account. Not sure if it’s worth it...

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Interesting, I just got my quote for the new vehicle warranty. R200pm but there’s a R3,500 excess and apparently you can’t use the excess funder account. Not sure if it’s worth it...

I think the newer the car the cheaper the warranty. After 3-5 years I rate the premium will jump. Gosh my car is 14 years old. so I can’t get the warranty.

twr

Expert Member
Wow that's a lot ,unless something major goes wrong with your car,

The only thing appealing to me is the Bosch service where you get 50% for being a diamond member and also says up to 100%(don't know how that works)
I'm due for a service, but would have to do the bosh 110 check(and pass it) them get the warranty going then do the service

ies87

I think the newer the car the cheaper the warranty. After 3-5 years I rate the premium will jump. Gosh my car is 14 years old. so I can’t get the warranty.
Yeah my car is only 4 years old, but I have a "cheap" (R200k) car so I don't know if a claim with R3,500 excess would ever be worth it. Not happy about the excess funder account not applying, that doesn't make sense to me. They tried to quote me on a zero excess premium but got an error message so they'll contact me back in the week.

ies87

Wow that's a lot ,unless something major goes wrong with your car,

The only thing appealing to me is the Bosch service where you get 50% for being a diamond member and also says up to 100%(don't know how that works)
I'm due for a service, but would have to do the bosh 110 check(and pass it) them get the warranty going then do the service
My understanding is that you get up to 100% if you use Bosch and 50% if you use someone else (like Toyota or Ford).

Reactions: twr