NightCrawlerNic

I need to look into this more,
So they double your cash back to use of you need to use for a claim correct?

Can you cash out if you don't claim?
What do you mean you paid your April premium?
They had a promotion a while back to skip a premium and use your future cashback to pay for that premium. I believe thats when the lockdown started. As far as i remember, it was only for one month.

Reactions: twr

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Yeah my car is only 4 years old, but I have a "cheap" (R200k) car so I don't know if a claim with R3,500 excess would ever be worth it. Not happy about the excess funder account not applying, that doesn't make sense to me. They tried to quote me on a zero excess premium but got an error message so they'll contact me back in the week.

Yea depends on what your normal servicing cost and your driving score. With R200 per month that’s R2400 a year. You can get R5000 back in servicing cost a year but let’s say R4000 because you already getting 20% from your insurance. Still not bad. Do you have to do an inspection for the warranty to be active? What one can do is have a warranty for a brand new car with a high excess that you don’t own. You will never claim for it but that’s not the purpose. You just want that discount on your serving. I’m assuming the servicing discount applies to any vehicle, you just have to show your card.

twr

Expert Member
My understanding is that you get up to 100% if you use Bosch and 50% if you use someone else (like Toyota or Ford).
Wonder what the terms and condition are?

Is there an online availability to get a quote for the warranty or do our have to call their call centre?

ies87

Wonder what the terms and condition are?

Is there an online availability to get a quote for the warranty or do our have to call their call centre?
I emailed them and they called me back but you can just call them directly I guess.

twr

Expert Member
I emailed them and they called me back but you can just call them directly I guess.
Got a quote for my 2015 Fiesta ,R385 pm and excess of R3000 for warranty, and to get it I have to pass the 110point check at Bosch, but I would get the service up to R5000 if I do it at Bosch, don't think it's worth it unless.something expensive goes wrong with my car

Last edited:

ies87

Got a quote for my 2015 Fiesta ,R385 pm and excess of R3000 for warranty, and to get it I have to pass the 110point check at Bosch, bit I would get the service up to R5000 if I don't at Bosch, don't think it's worth it unless.something expensive goes wrong with my car
Yeah the excess really put me off. It would have been a different story if one could use money in the excess funder account but for some reason that isn’t allowed.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Got a quote for my 2015 Fiesta ,R385 pm and excess of R3000 for warranty, and to get it I have to pass the 110point check at Bosch, bit I would get the service up to R5000 if I don't at Bosch, don't think it's worth it unless.something expensive goes wrong with my car

Are you allowed to cover a vehicle you don’t own?

ies87

Is anyone else having issues with the insure app? I’ve done three trips so far today and none of them are reflecting. I always make a point of checking that the tracker connects so that’s not the problem.

twr

Expert Member
Is anyone else having issues with the insure app? I’ve done three trips so far today and none of them are reflecting. I always make a point of checking that the tracker connects so that’s not the problem.
Mine is fine for today's trip

ies87

Mine is fine for today's trip
Thanks, mine also working again. 4 trips from yesterday 'no score' though, this is going to suck on their new system where they penalise you for this.

Charlesjjm

Got a quote for my 2015 Fiesta ,R385 pm and excess of R3000 for warranty, and to get it I have to pass the 110point check at Bosch, but I would get the service up to R5000 if I do it at Bosch, don't think it's worth it unless.something expensive goes wrong with my car
My 2014 Fiesta got quoted at R419 per month. Plus R3k excess.

Koosvanwyk

Seems like we will be getting vitality drive cash back based on average fuel spend again, at least according to the current vitality drive dashboard for May. I did not spend anything on fuel in May but it is showing a cash back amount.

twr

Expert Member
Seems like we will be getting vitality drive cash back based on average fuel spend again, at least according to the current vitality drive dashboard for May. I did not spend anything on fuel in May but it is showing a cash back amount.
Weird because when I queried if they will doing this again in may as they did in April,they said no

wonduhboy

Does anyone know - for the points for 'claim-free years', do these need to be with Discovery insurance, or can they be previous insurer?

ies87

Can anyone tell me when the drive goal for non-100km weeks gets awarded? I’ve been managing 100km weeks but last week I didn’t. Discovery did confirm that they’re still awarding goals as long as trips are 4 or 5 stars but my goal for last week remains unachieved...

twr

Expert Member
Can anyone tell me when the drive goal for non-100km weeks gets awarded? I’ve been managing 100km weeks but last week I didn’t. Discovery did confirm that they’re still awarding goals as long as trips are 4 or 5 stars but my goal for last week remains unachieved...
Didnt they say from July? Not sure tho

ies87

Didnt they say from July? Not sure tho
Yes the new points system is staring on 1 July. I'm talking about the current system - I only drove 30km last week so I called them and specifically asked if I should drive around for no reason to make up 100km to achieve my goal. The consultant said it wouldn't be necessary as the "lockdown special" is still in place and that I would achieve my goal even if I don't drive 100km, as long as my trips are 4 or 5 star-rated. But now my goal says not achieved and my km's didn't carry over either.

BigBear

Expert Member
Discovery Insure: You received R 114.17 cash back on your vehicle premium for driving less in May which will be paid with your monthly fuel cash back. Auth FSP

Hmm not paid yet but fuel reward was paid..

Your monthly Vitalitydrive fuel reward is R414.50. Remember to fill up at BP or Shell to maximise your rewards. Fuel limits, T & C's apply. Visit www.discovery.co.za. Discovery Insure

Your monthly Vitalitydrive fuel reward is R294.50. Remember to fill up at BP or Shell to maximise your rewards. Fuel limits, T & C's apply. Visit www.discovery.co.za. Discovery Insure

NightCrawlerNic

Discovery Insure: You received R 114.17 cash back on your vehicle premium for driving less in May which will be paid with your monthly fuel cash back. Auth FSP

Hmm not paid yet but fuel reward was paid..

Your monthly Vitalitydrive fuel reward is R414.50. Remember to fill up at BP or Shell to maximise your rewards. Fuel limits, T & C's apply. Visit www.discovery.co.za. Discovery Insure

Your monthly Vitalitydrive fuel reward is R294.50. Remember to fill up at BP or Shell to maximise your rewards. Fuel limits, T & C's apply. Visit www.discovery.co.za. Discovery Insure
Consider saving the drive cash back to excess finder. You could double that and use it for tires and excess.