Do you own a smartwatch?

• Yes

Votes: 97 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 95 49.5%

• Total voters

Chuckmyster

Expert Member
Yes I am still using it. It's a Huawei watch GT. Currently averaging about 13 days per charge with 24x7 heart rate and sleep tracking turned on.
Impressive. A friend of mine has an Apple Watch of somesorts and he has to charge it everynight when he goes to sleep

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Samsung Gear Sport.

Its a great all-rounder as a smartwatch and a fitness tracker :)

I recommend it.

Gear S3 and Galaxy Watch are basically the same.

Script

Apple watch, don’t know if I’ll buy one again! Works great for what I need it to do, but feel like a waste of money to replace a watch every 2-3 years

Chuckmyster

Expert Member
Apple watch, don’t know if I’ll buy one again! Works great for what I need it to do, but feel like a waste of money to replace a watch every 2-3 years
my friend that owns one says the same. He has all his life worn analogue watches. Says after this Apple one dies he is going back to analogue again

Lupus

Honorary Master
my friend that owns one says the same. He has all his life worn analogue watches. Says after this Apple one dies he is going back to analogue again
That's because he's had an apple watch, I mean once you've been able to control music, reply to whatsapps, navigate and other things all from your wrist. Going back to a normal watch would feel odd, I'd want to swipe to see the weather or change the song or reply to my phone.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Look second hand, I've managed to get smart watches for a third of the price second hand. As a lot of people do buy them and don't like them, then sell them off. I'm on my second smart watch, had a Sony Smartwatch 3 thing was tough as nails, now I'm on the LG Watch Style, which is a far more delicate watch.
This,

I got my watch from gumtree for half the price and it was still sealed in the box. I literally was the 1st person to open it.

Alot of these get given as gifts and then end up sold 2nd hand for cheeps

Lupus

Honorary Master
This,

I got my watch from gumtree for half the price and it was still sealed in the box. I literally was the 1st person to open it.

Alot of these get given as gifts and then end up sold 2nd hand for cheeps
The first one I got was from Cash Crusaders, my wife spotted it, got it and the only thing I could see was that they opened it to check and spilled coffee on the pamphlet, otherwise it was brand new the plastic was still on the screen.
The second one was from Facebook market where the guy sold his watch for a third, as he tried it for a week and didn't like it.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
If you are on android, Samsungs are probably the best option at the moment. While the apps arent as plentyful as android wear's, the battery life and fitness suite more than makes up for it. Android wear watches are really poor when it comes to battery life. I cant speak for watches with the new chips though, they might be better.

Obviously the apple watch is best for iphone users. Battery life is pathetich IMO