I doubt it will sell any better at this price point tbh...

I've played with an Explora for a few minutes at a friends place, and honestly the UI Designers need to be Drawn and Quartered. Its horrible.

It looks pretty, but it involves so many extra presses on the remote to do things in comparison to the old interface.

I have an explora as well as an old HD PVR, and I must agree that whoever wrote the sotware interface needs his balls smacked with a hammer. Saying that though the amount of extra on demand items it has an movies is just awesome compared to the old decoder.

It's not the hardware that's expensive, it's the monthly DSTV subscription that's expensive.

I still won't pay for DSTV.

I doubt it will sell any better at this price point tbh...

I've played with an Explora for a few minutes at a friends place, and honestly the UI Designers need to be Drawn and Quartered. Its horrible.

It looks pretty, but it involves so many extra presses on the remote to do things in comparison to the old interface.

+1 DSTV decoders are getting to the point where they are priced as gaming consoles.

Could also be a sales push ahead of the Fifa World Cup.

almost like when buying a printer... they sell the printer cheap to get u onboard, then nail u on the cartridges :)

almost like when buying a printer... they sell the printer cheap to get u onboard, then nail u on the cartridges :)

If they followed that model, then the Decoders would all be sold for minimal money....

Multichoice sell you an expensive decoder with an expensive monthly subscription.

If they followed that model, then the Decoders would all be sold for minimal money....

Multichoice sell you an expensive decoder with an expensive monthly subscription.

Unfortunately DSTV models is to coin it on all fronts... expensive latest model decoders, old model is sold at reasonable rates... expensive monthly subscription fees... charging for any extra feature like dual view, even though it costs them nothing extra to supply the "extra" service!

How is the decoder expensive, there is about R4000 worth of hardware alone in there.
2Tb drive alone is cost R1400.

Motherboard, processor, RAM, 3 Sat tuners and remote.

The DStv Switch alone is about R500.

Add that up and you work out DStv are selling the unit below cost. So the decoder may cost money, but what it has in it, is far from cheap.

Um, except those are streaming devices. Add a 2TB hdd and it's about the same price.

None of mine have drives and the family get way more satisfaction from them than when we had our 2 DSTV decoders.

Think you miss the point. But anyway...

Back