Frogfoot Cape Town

grantduke

Just want to open up a thread for Frogfoot Cape Town - issues, complaints, compliments

grantduke

How often has your Frogfoot connection gone down or have you had issues? (Daily, Weekly, Montly)

Nirv

Down in Bergvliet, but this is the first time we've had issues since January when we first moved in and got fibre.

NeoNarchy

In Mossel Bay we've had a roller coaster ride with regards to issues we have been having with our FF Fibre.
Been tagging Vox and FF on Twitter for the last week with test results ect. Loads of people in the area also confirming issues with various ISP's started collecting info from them.
Its not just in CPT even before todays outage there has been major issues with disconnects, latency congestion and packet loss.
Let me know if you need more info.

grantduke

The complex I stay in just got Frogfoot build completed. Should have been live a week ago. Everyone is still waiting, and nobody can tell us what the hold-up is.

Fibre is here but isn't live according to ISP's

2 of my colleagues today in Cape Town region went down multiple times, or are having major packet loss. (2 separate ISPs)

I am pretty hesitant now on signing up as well, with Covid, WFH is now the new norm for us at the company.

What really pissed me off, is the Frogfoot pushed extremely hard to get things done, when Openserve said they can install within a week. As they were busy with trenching work in the street. So that somehow lit a fire under them, and the build plans got approved very quickly at their Head Office.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
If you in Sunningdale/Parklands i would avoid Froogfoot at all costs they basically never go a full week with no issues from what i see, i'm on the right side of teh road where Vumatel and Openserve are but neighbours across the road are forever having issues...

lightpixel

Left Frogfoot end of last month after 2 years, tried 4 ISP's on their network paid for an install 4 times in 1 year as Frogfoot blamed the loss on the ISP.

Pathetic disgrace of a FNO. Down on Saturday 5 hours. Down on Sunday 1 hour. Maintenance during the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. Network loops in the middle of the day as tech's plug switches into themselves without spanning tree protocol enabled. Loss of 2% to 20% with 4 different ISP's. National outages, entire Metro's down for hours. Need I say more?

Its what I call "dirty internet" lowest cost thrown together but "its Fibre" so everyone raves about it until its installed.There is such a thing as crappy fibre. Not all Fibre is equal.

Moved to Openserve, not a days trouble so far. Early days but I'd rather eat broken glass than move back to Frogfoot.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
The complex I stay in just got Frogfoot build completed. Should have been live a week ago. Everyone is still waiting, and nobody can tell us what the hold-up is.

Fibre is here but isn't live according to ISP's

2 of my colleagues today in Cape Town region went down multiple times, or are having major packet loss. (2 separate ISPs)

I am pretty hesitant now on signing up as well, with Covid, WFH is now the new norm for us at the company.

What really pissed me off, is the Frogfoot pushed extremely hard to get things done, when Openserve said they can install within a week. As they were busy with trenching work in the street. So that somehow lit a fire under them, and the build plans got approved very quickly at their Head Office.
Hi, sorry to hear about this! Please kindly send us the details of your complex so we can escalate the matter for you. We try our best to provide you with the best Fibre experience possible, there are unfortunately times in which we must do maintenance or where something else (like a break) affects connectivity. In these cases, we do our best to get the Fibre up & running as soon as possible. Kind Regards, Frogfoot Fibre Team

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
If you in Sunningdale/Parklands i would avoid Froogfoot at all costs they basically never go a full week with no issues from what i see, i'm on the right side of teh road where Vumatel and Openserve are but neighbours across the road are forever having issues...
Hi there, although we try our best to provide you with the best fibre experience possible, there are unfortunately times in which we have to do maintenance or where something else (like a break) affects your connectivity. In these cases, we do our best to get the fibre up and running as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and are trying our best to provide you with a stable connection. Kind Regards, Frogfoot Fibre

Digitaluser

Hi there, although we try our best to provide you with the best fibre experience possible, there are unfortunately times in which we have to do maintenance or where something else (like a break) affects your connectivity. In these cases, we do our best to get the fibre up and running as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and are trying our best to provide you with a stable connection. Kind Regards, Frogfoot Fibre
Hi I think on balance Frogfoot/Vox give you best value and service available. We have been on Vox for three years here in Parklands with only minor glitches - keep up the good work

Katorac

I'm situated in Dana Bay, Western Cape.
Incredibly bad service from Frog Foot who promised Fibre would be live in Dana Bay on the 9th of June. Their coverage map shows the entire area is LIVE, but yet my fibre is not. Have phoned in daily for the past 3 weeks and told a technician would visit me within the next 48 hours but nothing. The ONT box is already installed but clearly it's not working. No Broadband or service lights.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
It happens in Port Elizabeth too guys. We are all in the same boat it seems. Poor. I am going to be paying MORE for Vumatel and someone else over FF/Vox!

eddief1

Expert Member
I'm situated in Dana Bay, Western Cape.
Incredibly bad service from Frog Foot who promised Fibre would be live in Dana Bay on the 9th of June. Their coverage map shows the entire area is LIVE, but yet my fibre is not. Have phoned in daily for the past 3 weeks and told a technician would visit me within the next 48 hours but nothing. The ONT box is already installed but clearly it's not working. No Broadband or service lights.

Ye maps showing live dont mean much, seems FNO's just show them as live to scare off other FNO's in the area.

grantduke

How was everyone's connections since the last outage that was on Wednesday? Any more drops, disconnects?

jonpienaar

How often has your Frogfoot connection gone down or have you had issues? (Daily, Weekly, Montly)

OK, big red face here. Turns out the guy who did the install and whose line we were sharing failed to pay the account, so we were in fact cut off by the ISP. So please disregard complaints as quoted below. I will keep an eye on the connection let you know if anything changes.

Last edited:

ld13

Honorary Master
Seeing at least 3 x deadpoints in Strand/Somerset West/Gordon's Bay - anyone else?

HartsockZA

Froggy goes down so often that I need to get a backup Openserve line for the days that it goes down hard. The longest I have seen no outages on Froggy was 17 days whereas my Openserve line used to sit 31 days on end.

HartsockZA

Install for me was done by a competent contractor, Word of thumb if you don't want unnecessary install and you know where you want fiber to be then do the trunking yourself. Install was done in like an hour

Last edited: