Sekiro

Kindly note that our team has had a look and the reference provided has been closed as your ISP has failed to respond to the needed checks. Please can you log a new ticket with your ISP in order for us to assist you.
Service light on my ONT is not on

BCR

Expert Member
Can any of you confirm if Openserve (Telkom) are infiltrating Frogfoot's areas in PE and installing fibre.

Had someone from Vodacom come around canvassing this week tell me Openserve are not far away installing, and should reach us next month or two.

This isn't too far from Walker Drive shopping centre.

If true, it might over time help drive prices downwards of the base packages ?

Though "base packages" might soon mean 50 / 50 Mbps, because she told me that will be Openserve's minimum speed.
EDIT - don't recall her being so specific as to imply symmetrical, but just that it would be a minimum of 50 Mbps, so could rather be asymmetrical.

Don't know how she knows all this, being from Vodacom and not Telkom, where most of the staff (likely) don't know all this themselves.

Last edited:

Conack

Expert Member
Can any of you confirm if Openserve (Telkom) are infiltrating Frogfoot's areas in PE and installing fibre.

Had someone from Vodacom come around canvassing this week tell me Openserve are not far away installing, and should reach us next month or two.

Though "base packages" might soon mean 50 / 50 Mbps, because she told me that will be Openserve's minimum speed.
EDIT - don't recall her being so specific as to imply symmetrical, but just that it would be a minimum of 50 Mbps, so could rather be asymmetrical.

Don't know how she knows all this, being from Vodacom and not Telkom, where most of the staff (likely) don't know all this themselves.
Openserve has been canvassing in certain areas in George the last month, after not being in the scene for years.

Very promising - I'd jump ship to them the moment it's an option.

BCR

Expert Member
Openserve has been canvassing in certain areas in George the last month, after not being in the scene for years.

Very promising - I'd jump ship to them the moment it's an option.
Thanks.

Although I have a Frogfoot point already in the house, haven't bothered with it or them for various reasons, one of which is all the negativity regarding their network.

If we get Openserve as an option, then might consider fibre but even 80 + 80 GB Telkom LTE is more than enough data at this stage, and can go to 120 + 120 GB for only R50 more - R299 total, so fibre would really have to come down in price to have any chance of competing, for our current needs.

My main interest in fibre right now is hearing or reading about 2 or more FNOs in an area to create more competition.

Sig_ZA

Not a great day. Connection has dropped completely 3 times that I'm aware of for about 1 to 2 minutes each time.

OhYeah84

Expert Member

Check the Openserve fibre map and it'll show you where they're rolling out.

Convex

Morning,

Looks like loss is on the gateway IP also which is usually an indication of loss from the FNO.

I don't see any notice. How is the connection looking today?
At the moment its fine. Will run the test again at peak time.