AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are experiencing a network incident that has taken down CPT, PE and surrounds.

NOC is on it. Sorry :(

PhireSide

Honorary Master
If 24 hours manages to elapse without a single outage I'll be very, very surprised

/goes off to check Smokeping dashboard

PhireSide

Honorary Master
My line has been stable for the last while, touch wood. We had a power outage last night through to about 1:00 AM this morning but the critical bits were on an inverter so there was no downtime.

1603100665298.png

thehuman

Expert Member
My line has been stable for the last while, touch wood. We had a power outage last night through to about 1:00 AM this morning but the critical bits were on an inverter so there was no downtime.

View attachment 935438
Your 2mbps upload could influence your line when in use , maybe they fixed that ?
But those smokepings look alot clearer.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Your 2mbps upload could influence your line when in use , maybe they fixed that ?
But those smokepings look alot clearer.
I have FQ_Codel enabled on 19 down/1.9 up on my router, so perhaps that needs some tweaking as well. But I definitely think the 2mbps upload is hurting the performance more than the 20mbps download. We don't really use the internet at all that much, and I haven't noticed sluggishness on the line since moving to Mweb (touch wood, again)

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Still the same 12ms 1st hop by me. I checked FF's site but they don't report anything that could have caused that, only a CPT - JHB outage that was reported just after 11

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Dear Port Elizabeth Residents,

In order for us to improve our service, please note that our team has planned maintenance that is required to be performed in your area between 23:00 (19/10/2020) and 05:30 (20/10/2020).

Kindly note that all residents will be impacted. We apologise for the inconveniences caused during this time.

barrytemp

Thumbs up to Frog Foot for the up front communication.
Judging by this thread, been some unhappy customers.
Current:
Ping Afrihost JHB = 58.
Ping Cool Ideas CPT = 38
Looking forward to the change.

Last edited:

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Thumbs up to Frog Foot for the up front communication.
Judging by this thread, been some unhappy customers.
Current:
Ping Afrihost JHB = 58.
Ping Cool Ideas CPT = 38
Looking forward to the change.
You're lucky. I logged a call with them on Friday morning and got a ticket. No response. Emailed again this morning asking for an update. No response.
Vox though, on the other hand, contacted me almost immediately to check on things so kudos to them.

Retro1337

Dear Port Elizabeth Residents,

In order for us to improve our service, please note that our team has planned maintenance that is required to be performed in your area between 23:00 (19/10/2020) and 05:30 (20/10/2020).

Kindly note that all residents will be impacted. We apologise for the inconveniences caused during this time.

now this "Additional Capacity Comissioning", will this allow us to finally fall under the free line speed upgrade or not?